Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2012 dodge charger pursuit with a 5.7 and have a code u0143-00 lost communication with multipurpose module in bcm and tgw (telematics gateway)

Any help with the missing modules would be greatly appreciated

Anyone else have this issue or code?
Thank you for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Dodge Chargers manufactured with the police fleet equipment package are equipped with a Vehicle System Interface Module (VSIM); also known as a Vehicle Systems Integration Module. The VSIM is removed when the pursuit vehicle is being decommissioned for civilian use. Hopefully one of the forum members who owns a pursuit Charger can provide more information on cleaning up the effects of removing the VSIM.

u0143-00 (lost communication with multipurpose module) is logged when CAN Bus messages are not received from the VSIM. (CAN = controller area network).

Reactions: RamAirV1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vsim is usually not removed but looks like yours was. It's a grey box that goes underneath the heater controls. Its been said before it can be removed with no issues but I've never tried.

I think those plugs in the console area are for the console. One of mine might have the sun radio connector plugged into it, I forget.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Seen several people take out VSIM with no issues.

Connectors in console are for upfitting. Google Charger Upfitters guide for pin out.

Tonight (after 6 ) I can dif into your other codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts