Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently gathering all the info I need before I start getting parts to make this upgrade in my 2014 SE. I know all of the parts I need to get however there is 1 issue and a question I have towards the process.

1. The known issue with the swap I am seeing is that the 8.4 displays your Cabin temp and it will generally stay stuck at 22 degrees if your car does not have the auto sensing climate controls which mine does not, has anyone done this upgrade and know how to solve this issue?

2. Being that my current Uconnect allows me to change the settings like DRLs, What unlocks when I grab my handles, etc.., would I still have these options to to adjust setting in my car with the 8.4 unit?

Hopefully someone here has made this upgrade and can answer these for me!
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
For your 2nd question, you should still have those options, however, I have not found a solution to your first question. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Krake

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently gathering all the info I need before I start getting parts to make this upgrade in my 2014 SE. I know all of the parts I need to get however there is 1 issue and a question I have towards the process.

1. The known issue with the swap I am seeing is that the 8.4 displays your Cabin temp and it will generally stay stuck at 22 degrees if your car does not have the auto sensing climate controls which mine does not, has anyone done this upgrade and know how to solve this issue?

2. Being that my current Uconnect allows me to change the settings like DRLs, What unlocks when I grab my handles, etc.., would I still have these options to to adjust setting in my car with the 8.4 unit?

Hopefully someone here has made this upgrade and can answer these for me!
Thank you in advance!
Question 1 - I have looked around a ton and from what I have found it appears to be locked beyond even the dealership plus missing the hardware/wiring to have this fixed.

Question 2 - I did the upgrade last week and all of these are indeed still able to be adjusted.

I have also read a lot that you will not be able to adjust your climate through the screen at all, however I can fully adjust my climate though the screen with the obvious exception of it showing 22° constantly (Question 1). Swap was super easy and took me about 30 minutes (I have never done anything like this to a car before).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts