Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have a 2013 Charger 3.6 and 8 speed (8HP45) and have been using my intune for years now with no problems. I recently removed the stock 2.65 rear differential and installed a 3.07. When I attempt to change the gear ratio with the intune I get the following: error reading "axle ratio" parameter. I have updated the tuner and reached out to Diablosport technical and was told that since the tool is failing there is nothing to be done. I've read on some forums where guys just seapped in gears and let the computer learn, but that doesn't work on my car. As soon as I go above 55mph or sustain below 50 for a long period I get a check engine light and the transmission goes into limp mode. I'm getting codes: P215C00 output shaft speed / wheel speed correlation, and P1DB600 vehicle speed signal performance. I use my scanner to view live data and verify that when the wheels and speedo are showing 50mph the shaft speed is showing 56 thus tripping the code. I'm trying to find a way around this without having to put the original gears in. Is this just a problem with my intune, or does the intune itself not truly allow gear changes on a 2013 3.6 8 speed?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I have the intune i2 and have selected the rear gear ratio setting. I didn't change gears but I just wanted to make sure the custom tune I installed had the correct gear settings. I used the Advanced Tune menu to select the Modify Parameters menu. I have the 5-speed transmission (W5A580) but the intune also gives me a strange message when I set the rear gear ratio. I don't remember the exact wording but it implies it was unable to set the parameter or there was an error while setting the parameter ... but afterwards when I check the settings it's set at 3.06; the correct ratio for my differential.

Sometimes, after the tune is installed, I get a DTC "U0100-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ECM/PCM" but if I clear the DTC it does not reappear. It's just a temporary code that got set when the TCM and PCM communication got out of synch or communication was temporarily blocked when some of the settings were being flashed. Other times I don't get the U0100 DTC but if I look at pending codes it will be there. I just clear All codes it does not reappear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no complaints with customer service and they have always answered my emails. I'd just like to know why it won't work, if it's just an issue with my tuner or if none of the intune DCX will change axle ratios on an 8 speed. I tried playing with the wheel sizes to see if I could offset the wheel speed reading but that changed nothing. My Foxwell scanner allows me to view real time TCM data and no matter what I changed the transmission output shaft speed is higher than the wheel speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have played with this for the last two weeks and had to finally throw in the towel. Diablosport is looking into this and I have spoken with a Chrysler tech who also writes custom tunes who is researching where this ratio is programmed. I installed the original 2.65 gears and everything is back to normal. I verified the shaft/wheel speeds with my scanner and both are reading the same now, so it's definitely a programming issue. Maybe one day this can be figured out and i can swap the 3.07 back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts