Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the under body splash guard finally took a crap and ripped apart. I'm planning to buy a replacement from moparpartsamerica.

But when I pulled it out, I noticed that there are extra parts to the splash guard that seem to direct air to the brakes, and during the highway tearing process one of them broke off. I'm afraid of ordering the replacement part only to find out I'm missing those air dams.

Anyone here know if they come with them or not? Or do I have to order them separate.

Air dam:

No Air Dam:

Edit: I've also searched and found no info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine ripped off awhile back. My air dams are in storage until I finally replace the underbelly. I always wondered what those air dams were for. Brakes makes sense. But what ripped the damn thing off was those parking space cinderblock bumpers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had mine replaced last week only here they replaced the whole front clip insurance said it was all one piece so wth.. i paid my deductible and its looking sweet again..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Mine ripped off awhile back. My air dams are in storage until I finally replace the underbelly. I always wondered what those air dams were for. Brakes makes sense. But what ripped the damn thing off was those parking space cinderblock bumpers.
I hate those parking blocks. I try to stay far away from them when I have to park by them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bump I'd like to know the cost too.

Had my last one replaced at the body shop with insurance (State Farm) and they wanted to double my rate as for them scraping a parking block is a reportable accident. Don't know if Geico would be the same but I know I can install it myself and would rather just not find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I broke mine the first week I had the car. It was scraping on the freeway and disintegrated. I drilled holes in the guard and connected zip ties. Pretty lame, but it kept it on there. I got a quote of $200 for the part from the dealer and 1 hour of labor ($100). It was cheaper online, but with shipping, it was close. Haven't fixed it yet, but it's coming.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Just replaced my 2nd belly pan :shakehead: $300 all in.

I think I need to do what Gix1300r did.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Just replaced my 2nd belly pan :shakehead: $300 all in.

I think I need to do what Gix1300r did.
yeah you guys could save a pretty penny. buy the sheet metal and some metal snips....or if you have a grinder, and cutting wheel its even easier. That and a drill, you got yoursel a home made bellypan:TU:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just paid 250.00 parts and labor at the dealer. They said it was a good idea not to drive in the rain without it. It helps keep water out off the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I bought mine for $162 and I will do the install myself.

·
Registered
692 Posts
$250-$300 for parts and install??? Sheez! You can build it cheaper, better, & stronger, out of metal for that much...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If your not able to build your own you can buy it online I paid $162 total like I said before and I just bought the inner fenders for $34 each including shipping. Install is not hard at all you just have to set aside some time to do it right. Good luck everyone!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just bought my second one of these. The first time i needed one, i went to the dealership and it cost me around 300. this time i got the part online for around 170 with shipping and i will do it myself. I will be backing into all parking spaces from now on. What a stupid thing to have to waste so much money on. When i think of the mods i could have done with this money it makes me sick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bellypan replacement

I was wondering where can one buy the sheet metal belly pan,looking all over haven't found it thanks.:TU:

J

·
0 Posts
Mine broke off during the winter after i hit some black ice and ran into a snow bank. I reordered them at MoparsuperCenter online. There are two pieces.

The first is the Front Belly Fascia that comes with the air dams. This connects to the front bumper PN 5029908AC.

Next is the rear belly pan which connects to the fascia belly pan PN 4806074AH.

I kept all the clips since these do not come with them. You may able to get generic clips or most have used black locking ties. Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts