Dodge Charger Forum banner

Underbelly shield

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  neek804 
#1 ·
Sup guys,

Recently I went to back out of a friends driveway and half of my shield came off.
The rest of if which is the part connected to the fascia is now hanging. When driving I hear constant rattling over bumps, which is worst when I first start driving the car for the day and isn't that much noticeable after I've been driving a while.
Ive read that these shields are recommended for aerodynamics but I would like to know how remove it to see if it's making the rattling noise.
I also want to see what you guys think about replacing it with a another plastic shield or finding a aluminum/metal one.

One last thing lol...when I looking at the shield connecting near the fenders I notice I'm missing push pins and it's all loose under there I know I need some but don't know where to get them

#3 ·
You can get the pins at the dealer or someplace like Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc.

If you drive without the underbelly pan you'll get all sorts of dirt and road grime in your engine bay. And the fascia will flap around unless you zip tie it to something.

To remove it there are several small bolts/screws where it connects to the fascia and the all the pins along the wheel wells. There could be a couple of others, it's been a while since I replaced mine. Once you get under the car you'll find it's pretty simple to take off.

To release the pins you pull out the center piece and that should release the pressure and the pin should come out.

#6 ·
I have a gen 2 Charger. Which means that our bodies are a little different so the body the aerodynamics could be different. I took my engine "skid plate" off for about 6000 miles. After putting back on I went to North Carolina. The trip was about 1100 miles. I don't think that I got better milage with the cover on. I left it on to keep the engine area cleaner. I took it off in an attempt to allow the engine to cool better during the hot months. Can not say if that helped or not... but it made me feel better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.