Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that there is a connector inside my console that I hadn't seen before. The installation is pretty clean, but I'm guessing it isn't OEM. It is a six wire data connection (looks like a phone or ethernet jack, just with 6 wires). Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I hope it's not something simple I'm missing or have overlooked. Any ideas are appreciated.

'09 R/T with mygig and rear entertainment system added.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't recall seeing anything like that in my 06.....it does appear aftermarket and maybe even a pro install.....some after market amps use a Rj-style plug for bass and/or volume remote control. If you bought the car used, I suspect the PO had an amp installed and this was used for the remote control to the amp/sub amp and it was not removed for some reason. Might look under the seats or in the trunk in/around/under the liner and see if you can locate the other end of the cable or another similiar connector.
Another thought, some remote-mount radar detectors use a similiar connection for easy removal when required (in Virginia, for example). Could be the PO had the control unit in the console for "stealth" purposes. Might look in/around the front grill/bumper area for the other connector in this case.

Just my .02

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking if you're not the first owner that the previous owner may have had an impaired at one time or another and had the blow machine installed in order to keep driving. A friend of mine installs them and this kind of looks like the connector for the part you blow into prior to starting your car. I could be wrong, but it's a possiblity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts