Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this warranty for Chrysler? Not an extended that you pay for through some other company, but through Chrysler. The fine print said you have to bring the car in for a free inspection every 5 years. I was notified for my 5 year checkup, but somehow, no one notified me it was time for my 2nd 5 year checkup, therefore, the warranty was cancelled. There is currently a class action law suite against Chrysler about this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, my ’09 has the same warranty and the same situation as you, missed a inspection and warranty is void, I’ll look up the class action

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had mine at the dealer because the transmission seemed to slip out of gear for a second or two when starting from cold. I have seen that many times on other cars if the fluid is low. With the Charger, it's a sealed unit with no way I know to check. I paid $154.95 for a transmission diagnostic, then they gave me a $7500 estimate to fix. WHAT! $7500 for a 13 year old car, although in near perfect condition. That is when I found out the warranty was void. I wonder, to do the transmission diagnostic, would they have to make sure the fluid level was correct? It has been 2 or 3 weeks since and the transmission hasn't done it once. Real or just a dealership scam?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had mine at the dealer because the transmission seemed to slip out of gear for a second or two when starting from cold. I have seen that many times on other cars if the fluid is low. With the Charger, it's a sealed unit with no way I know to check. I paid $154.95 for a transmission diagnostic, then they gave me a $7500 estimate to fix. WHAT! $7500 for a 13 year old car, although in near perfect condition. That is when I found out the warranty was void. I wonder, to do the transmission diagnostic, would they have to make sure the fluid level was correct? It has been 2 or 3 weeks since and the transmission hasn't done it once. Real or just a dealership scam?
seems you may have been low on atf, and that would make the trans slip like you say, if it’s working fine just roll with it, I did a trans flush and fill at the 60k mile mark, they really don’t have a mileage for maintenance on the trans that I can remember in the owners manual
$7500 for a trans rebuild is insane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts