unsatisfied with after market radio

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger Interior Mods & Audio / Video' started by Rickey Westerman, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Rickey Westerman

Rickey Westerman New Member

Vehicle:
    charger Datona
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2007
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    I am new to this forum, I'm hoping some one with real knowledge can help me. I spent over $1000 at a local stereo store for my wife on her birthday. She has a 2007 Datona, Plumb Crazy in color. She loves this car and for the last two years has been talking about wanting a radio in her car that she could blue tooth her phone to. The sales man at the store showed us a nice Kenwood that has all the newest bells and whistles including Apple play. While sitting in the store waiting for three hours to get the car back with this new radio she was excited. On the way home I was messing with the radio and found out that the fade didn't work. It sounded like all the sound was coming from only the front speakers. We turned around and went back. this is when he dropped the bomb on us. Telling us that fade would not work due to the factory amplifier. Well After paying so much money for a radio and dash conversion, needless to say I was not happy with the end results. My question is, What can I do to fix this problem. Is it possible to fix this problem? I know nothing about this kind of work. The sales man said they would have to re wire the car in order to replace the factory amp. The stereo in this car was awesome with the factory radio but now it sucks with the radio upgrade. I thank anyone for any information and help. I only hope I haven't waisted my money.

2. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I'm not sure how the Kenwood connects into the factory wiring harness and amp. You can get a second opinion at another auto stereo shop. You can go to small claims court regarding the non-disclosure of functions being lost with the Kenwood install ... full disclosure should have been explained to you pre-sale/pre-install.