Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Got a 2014 R/T and when I went into Nav the other day it told me there were Garmin map updates available and to check a website. I was driving and wasn't able to write it down. When I went to uconnect website it shows via vin that these 2 updates are available

Your 2014 DODGE CHARGER R/T AWD equipped with the Uconnect 8.4N system qualifies for the following (2) software updates:

Update 1: UCONNECT®8.4_MY14_MY15_RADIO_15.09.D1_RB5
Service Bulletin ID: 08-033-15
Release Date: 2015-07-14

Update 2: UCONNECT®8.4N_MY13_MY14_MY15_NAV_6_22_NAFTA_RB5_RB6
Service Bulletin ID: 08-033-15
Release Date: 2015-07-14

Is that all I need or am I missing something?

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ive never seen a message like that pop up. Did you go somewhere in the settings or something?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It just pops up eventually when you're in the Nav screen.
Weird, my Nav is always on and I never saw it on any of my Chargers. I may need to dig into this and see where I am currently.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It goes by the build of the installed maps. It's a Garmin system so it knows if they're out of date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 Charger and I bought the map update.
When I try to install it, I get an "error on reflashing" after about 15 minutes.
This is the second SD card that HERE inc. has sent me.
Has anyone else seen this and knows how to get around the error.
Dodge and Garmin have no idea.

Thanks in advance
Allen

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bought the map update from where? What is Here Inc? You can't update the NAV using an SD card, USB or DVD only.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I have a 2011 Charger and I bought the map update.
When I try to install it, I get an "error on reflashing" after about 15 minutes. This is the second SD card that HERE inc. has sent me.
I bought the update for my 2012 Charger and had no issues with the installation. A firmware update may be required before you can upgrade the map on your vehicle's Uconnect system. You can check for firmware updates here [URL]https://auto-update.garmin.com/auto-update/[/URL]

After you receive the SD card, you have to get the unlock code. Use the same web link provided above. When installing the update you need to keep the ignition On/Run the entire time and not let it get interrupted or turned Off. I installed mine on a recent trip where the engine was running for over an hour (interstate trip). Took about an hour to install. I think if you turn the ignition On/Run, without the engine running, it will shut Off after about 15 minutes.

What is Here Inc? You can't update the NAV using an SD card, USB or DVD only
Here Inc. is the company that actually fulfills the order. Apparently Garmin outsources to Here Inc. The map update is on a SD card and the SD card plugs into a USB stick. The USB stick is plugged into the car and used to update the Nav unit. The USB stick is pretty slick. It accepts SD cards or micro SD cards. The slots on are on the side of the USB stick.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ahh, ok, makes more sense now. Updating Uconnect is my only suggestion. I don't update my maps through them.

Almar, did they also send you a different USB reader? If not that could be the problem.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I don't update my maps through them.
I wanted to try the first map update through FCA/Garmin. First to learn the process/procedure and second to blame them and get it corrected under warranty if it didn't work. :D
Now that I know how it works, I'm going to try the Garmin Nuvi "do-it-yourself" update the next time. I have a Garmin Nuvi mobile unit with life-time updates to use for creating the "do-it-yourself" package.
The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the unlock code I generated for this map update will work on future map updates; or whether I need to generate a new unlock code with each new map update.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make sure your Nuvi is compatible, you need certain maps and features for it to work.

Each version of maps requires a different unlock code be generated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts