Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2020 pursuit is supposedly getting the 8 speed and AWD. if I we're to buy the transmission and "floor plate" and install it in the 2015 pursuit and then load it with a 2020 tune. How realistic is this> I want to go this route to save a little money in the long run.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It's not, not that route anyway. NAG1 is controlled by a separate TCM (inside under driver's side dash). The ZF TCM is integrated into the trans itself. Someone has already figured out how to retrofit the ZF, contact Sound German Automotive. It's not cheap though, the adapter harness is a flat $1000 by itself, which doesn't include any trans tuning that may be necessary.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well how much could a tune run for one of these? I know the trans Is several grand
A new one is a couple grand at most, used ones are far less. Tuning cost you'd have to shop around for, but I don't imagine it would be any more than a couple hundred at most, unless you combine it with engine tuning as well. You'd also have to swap in the electronic shifter from a 8sp car (no mechanical cable, all electronic).

My understanding is the 8 speed awd pursuit will only be a V6, no v8 with that combo
That's horrible

·
Registered
780 Posts
That's horrible
[/QUOTE]

^^^ Amen

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the double post but it can be done but can anybody give me a $$$ tag on all of this. Since this is probably going to be the most expensive thing I plan on doing besides trying to add the safety features (I.E Foward Collision Warning, Lane Keep)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts