Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sorry for a long story but recently had a leek from the radiator in my 2012 Charger RT, didn’t have time to replace it my self so I brought it to a local shop I’ve used a little in the past.

I know I should have checked it right after I got the car back from them but just seemed like a simple job so I wasn’t to worried about it, a few weeks have gone bye and I just changed my oil a few days ago and noticed the changed my upper radiator hose, not a big deal but they just cut some aftermarket hose to fit and it really looks kind of sloppy so I ordered a new Mopar hose off eBay, went to put it on today and one end fits fine but the other end is to small, the inlet on the radiator and the thermostat housing are the same size so I go to the dealer to get a hose but the parts department was closed so I tried Autozone and the hose is the same with one end to small.

Did the stock radiator have an upper inlet smaller than the thermostat housing? The part number on the hose I ordered is 55111285AE and shows up as the right one.

Anyone have any ideas or can anyone send me the numbers off their hose, thanks everyone I know that was a lot and I’ll try to post pictures of the new hose that doesn’t fit

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Did the stock radiator have an upper inlet smaller than the thermostat housing?
Yes. I still have the stock upper radiator hose on my 2012 Charger R/T and the radiator inlet side is smaller than the thermostat housing side. Because of space constraints it was difficult to get the micrometer positioned for an accurate measurement ... but the thermostat housing diameter was about 2" and the radiator inlet was about 1.5"

Reactions: Fattony
1 - 2 of 2 Posts