Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do road trips I'm staying at a variety of motels, mostly the better ones. Aside from not leaving valuables in the car, parking under lights and locking what are some simple methods to discourage theft? The chargers seem to be near the top of the list for stolen cars nowadays. I'm thinking of steering wheel locks, mechanical devices and not so much the complicated electronic devices. It would be nice though to have my phone alert to any movement of the car, immediately. Not sure what that entails. Thanks for ideas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you considered a battery disconnect switch? (Probably with a removable key). Summit has tons of 'em. You don't need to do an external disconnect (I wouldn't). Probably just putting it in the engine compartment somewhere would be sufficient.

Here's a decent article. I would not go through the reverse light, but rather the bumper. From my reading of the NHRA rules, I don't think you need an external switch since these aren't 9 second cars.

https://moparconnectionmagazine.com...ttery-cut-off-switch-relocating-your-battery/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts