Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2014 RT with the HID headlights. Can anyone tell me if these headlight assembly’s have vents in them to let moisture out? I had a very slight fogging happen on a humid rainy day. I have been told there is a TSB for chargers from 2011-17 for headlight vents but when i called a couple dealers nobody can give me a definite awnser. Can anyone shed some light on the my question. (The TSB i found was 23-017-18)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
The headlamps are vented but there is a Service Bulletin regarding condensation and fogging. I know there is for 2012 Dodge Chargers. You can go the website below for free access to the Chilton's Library. After selecting your make, model & year, the menu list will include "Bulletins/Recalls". Click it and a Technical Service Bulletins menu will be displayed. Click "Search" and all the TSBs for your car will be listed. Scroll down through the pages until you get to the TSB titled "Headlamp Condensation and Fogging". Click the PDF file icon and it will display the PDF options ... Open or Save file.

If the TSB is listed for your car (mine was Number 23-017-18 with a date of April 27, 2018), it will describe the dealer actions for diagnosis and repair. Repair, if needed, is installation of updated vent caps.

https://www.roswell-nm.gov/1112/Chil...Repair-Library

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Apparently the TSB only applies to 2015+ MY. The 2105+ MY headlamps have the vent caps and the earlier model years have a breathable mesh tape. So the TSB listing 2011 - 2017 models seems to be inaccurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts