Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone thought it is possible to vinyl wrap the new front grilles...? Just the chrome! Also what kind of heat gun and temperature is necessary? Also can you buy vinyl wrap for cars in stores? Lastly does anyone know of a video of someone doing it or even just pictures of just the grille? Thanks guys! I have plastidipped it multiple times just had a few problems with it so if you guys could help me out that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I did consider this once, but it wouldn't be worth it.

Vinyl will peel and chip from the road debris. Some members have used plastidip with excellent results. You can pick up a black grille for the same price as professionally installed vinyl.
A primer flat black grille can be found on ebay, which can be painted to any color you like.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I would think PD would hold up better than vinyl

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I would think vinyl would be better, but its gonna be tricky to work with to cover the chrome, lots of stretching, in all honesty, either look for a black girll (I like the blacktop version) or Plastidip it!

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Way too much work to wrap those pockets. Gonna take a LOT of stretching... Plus, if it tears or gets scratched, you'll have to do that whole process over again. I know a few people that have PD'd their grills, and my friend did the grill inserts on his Ram, just to get rid of some of the chrome, and it's been holding up really well. It'll be cheaper, faster, and hold up pretty well... Looks like you'll have to PD it, or just buy one that's black, or can be painted. Vinyl just doesn't look like a good option.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I bought the STP when I had the regular front end. I wasn't trying to paint it or wrap it. Easier to buy and install lol. Plus it looks the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts