Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Charger and it came with factory racing stripes over the top of the car. Less than 2 years later the stripes started to pit and the silver began getting black spots so I removed them. I used turtle wax vinyl adhesive remover and a blow dryer to loosen the adhesive. Anyway... 2 years later now and the black paint shows the adhesive and spots almost so prevalent that it looks like it still has the stripes if you're close to my car. It's not from fading, it's all forming where the striped used to be. How can I remove these ugly marks from my paint?? I've tried waxing, goo-b-gone, even wd40.. help!
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
3M brand Specialty Adhesive Remover-Aerosol #38987, available at most any auto parts store. I get mine at the local NAPA. A little expensive, but well worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try california scents orange air freshener.. Trust me it works. I learned this tip from a appliance rep who had to go from store to store and clean appliances that were on display. He said it removes all sorts of sticky residue. I tried it and wow,, like a miracle

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try california scents orange air freshener.. Trust me it works. I learned this tip from a appliance rep who had to go from store to store and clean appliances that were on display. He said it removes all sorts of sticky residue. I tried it and wow,, like a miracle
And it smells good too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts