Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past December I had the alternator completely ground out, car died within 5 miles. I'm pretty sure others have had this problem. I replaced it but now I got the battery idiot light coming up and a message about battery saver mode. I'm pretty sure the new alternator has already went out. I was looking for any screen that showed the amps or voltage but for the life of me I cannot find it. I've searched for a secret screen like the old chargers/magnums had but I can't find where there is one. I'm trying to see if it's truly trying to charge or something else is causing the light. I took out my meter and stuck it on the battery while the car was running and was only getting 13 volts, no change. So I'm pretty sure I've got to get an alternator but it sure would be nice if there was a gauge on the screen somewhere to show this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found my problem, I found my rectifier tab on my wiring harness has broken and will not lock in place. I think it keeps sliding loose and then it stops charging. Any ideas on where to buy a new end for this harness?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Any ideas on where to buy a new end for this harness?
Either that auction website, or the other big website named after a river in South America.

Not for anything, but you should also check here to see if your car is covered under the alternator recall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I misspoke earlier, it's the connector on the alternator itself. You think it would be purchased there also?

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can buy this on either of those places. If what you need is the other end, I don't know where to get it except from another alternator.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This past December I had the alternator completely ground out, car died within 5 miles. I'm pretty sure others have had this problem. I replaced it but now I got the battery idiot light coming up and a message about battery saver mode. I'm pretty sure the new alternator has already went out. I was looking for any screen that showed the amps or voltage but for the life of me I cannot find it. I've searched for a secret screen like the old chargers/magnums had but I can't find where there is one. I'm trying to see if it's truly trying to charge or something else is causing the light. I took out my meter and stuck it on the battery while the car was running and was only getting 13 volts, no change. So I'm pretty sure I've got to get an alternator but it sure would be nice if there was a gauge on the screen somewhere to show this.
Hello Bolter Man
Please know that recalls can also be check at Mopar.com by simply adding your VIN#.

Lamar
DodgeCares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts