Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy i met a couple weeks ago has an rx-8 and hes been talkin mad shit ever since we started talkin about cars. What will it take to shut him up?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
A modded RT or SRT8
What?! A bone-stock RT will crush an RX8. From a roll if they catch the RT in a dead-spot the RX8 will do alright, but that's really their only chance.

On paper: QM: 14.6 low-end to 15.1 high-end.

·
Registered
221 Posts
well, lets put it this way i test drove an rx8 with a 6 speed, it was wicked quick to 70 but as soon as it hit 4th gear, it lost all rpms and it felt like the car had nothing left, just my expirience.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Prolly all the basic bolt ons, and some nitrous? if your car can handle that much juice?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Try Inertia 3.5L Cam/Head Combo, with a High Stall TQ.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^How much will that cost me? I am all stock right now waitin on my big bully... soon after i get that im gettin dual exhaust and a predator.

·
Registered
20 Posts
u don't need juice NO NOS!!! just get intake, headers, 93 tune, dual exaust as long as he dont have juice u should be fine the rx-8's are nothing but issues and he will probally send his car to the shop if he does have juice im at higher sea level and all the rx-8's up here are shit unless they've sunk in 10,000plus under the hood make sure your not hauling excess weight as in make sure your trunk dont have aheavy ass stereo in the trunk he might launch off line a bit better because im sure he is gonna redline but you'll take him regardless

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill get there slowly... I saw him painting his rims black today and he sprayed his calipers red... the guy is so into his car its funny i cant wait to see his face when i beat him...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^im working on it, got the bully ordered and supposably on its way... gonna place the order for the exhaust today, tuner should get next month and headers maybe sometime after that. ill post some pics whenever i get the chance

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
When you put those duals on there, he may be scared to race then.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol i dunno man hes been one uppin his car for the longest... he might still have a big enough head. i am debating whether to order Pypes from slayer or to get the custom job done with flowmasters at the muffler shop... rougly around the same price... but when they say "custom" are the pipes of good quality or do they conjure up some spare crap and fashion the pipes themselves??

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'd race him regardless first befor u do everything to be honest if u do what i suggest your absoultly destroy him im sure you'll beat him with a stock sxt anyways if he is stock as well

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol ill try it sometime before i install all my stuff... well now i have two things that im waiting for shipment on... CAI from 3g and PYPES from 213

1 - 20 of 23 Posts