Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
lol i dunno man hes been one uppin his car for the longest... he might still have a big enough head. i am debating whether to order Pypes from slayer or to get the custom job done with flowmasters at the muffler shop... rougly around the same price... but when they say "custom" are the pipes of good quality or do they conjure up some spare crap and fashion the pipes themselves??
If you get a custom job from a muffler shop, make sure they have a mandrel bender. If not, there will be pinch points at every turn in the pipe, causing backpressure. Remember, your high-flow exhaust is only as big as the smallest point in the flow-through. Meaning a 2.5'' cat back with pinched pipes is probably closer to a 2''.

·
Registered
897 Posts
lol ill try it sometime before i install all my stuff... well now i have two things that im waiting for shipment on... CAI from 3g and PYPES from 213

Good choice on the Pypes. From the clips they sound outstanding on the 3.5's.

When you finally race him, do it from a dig. Since the RX8's are rotary engines, they are very peaky... meaning the are horrid off the line (low TQ), but have a wide powerband from a roll.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
^thanks for the encouragement bro! i cant wait till i see the shipment confirmation in my email... lol really cant wait till i take her to the shop tho... hope i dont have to leave her for too long there

·
Registered
1 Posts
What?! A bone-stock RT will crush an RX8. From a roll if they catch the RT in a dead-spot the RX8 will do alright, but that's really their only chance.

On paper: QM: 14.6 low-end to 15.1 high-end.
Idk every charger I’ve ever raced in my rx8 has lost

21 - 26 of 26 Posts