Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my system installed yesterday and since than the air conditioning does not work at all and I am getting the warning Airbag Light ( far right under the C/H Gage ) I took it back to the store that installed it they went through and said all the fuses were fine and that it was a problem out of their control... I am wondering if anyone has encounterd these problems or can give me some advice on what to do.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
if the problems started rite after they did your system it has to be their fault imo. maybe they accidently cut some wires they shouln't have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever find the solution to this? i have the same exact problem. however, mine just happened out of the blue. i suspect it's a bad ground but i'd like to know for sure before i start tearing the car apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Airbag warning light and no AC

Same thing happened to me in my 2013, but it happened on its own. Didn't have anyone mess with anything or install anything. I stopped at a rest stop, and when I got back in, I noticed that I couldn't get the AC to blow air. Noticed the airbag light for the first time as well. It stayed this way for 2 days, so I made an appointment with the dealership (under warranty) and ironically when I went to drive it to the dealer, the airbag light turned off and the AC started working. They were not able to find any codes for it, so still unsure of what happened. I notice now that the AC controls are acting a little screwy. It will blow hot air regardless of temperature until I turn on the "recycled air" function. Then it will start working again.

There has to be some logic in the computer that links the airbag warning light to the AC. If I had to guess, it might be a safety feature of some kind that prevents air from blowing the dust and gasses around. Again this is only a guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem I honestly think it is either a bad ground or a short somewhere as I had someone install a system in mine as well. Come to find out afterwards there is actually a factory radio amplifier in even the bad model of the 2008 Dodge Charger SE 3.5L. High output. I have searched wireing schematics to diagnose the problem with no luck and I am indecisive on where to start. I am sure others have ahead the same problem. Help please !!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone still looking I had this exact issue and found a fix. In the trunk fuse box there is a black fuse with an arrow symbol on top, it was in backwards. I believe it’s slot D2 but it needs to be right next to fuse #30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts