1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miles: 51,0000
Car: 2017 Charger SE
Wheels: 20’ | 245, 45, R20
Brakes: Standard OEM Rotors & Calipers, Pads Replaced once. They still have plenty of life left. Rotors replaced once, also plenty of life left.

Issue: Grinding sound when braking, almost sounds like when you’re out of pad and scraping the rotors. The sound comes and goes. Some days it’s super prevalent, others not at all. (The pads looks brand new).
Additionally, When applying brakes and going over road imperfections, something feels loose. Almost like a pad is loose in one of the calipers. (No it’s not the ABS kicking in)
Lastly, sometimes when going over road imperfections and braking OR turning the wheel to a full lock, Service ABS & Traction Control off warning lights come on. These stay on for about 30 seconds to a minute, before disappearing.

I’m at a loss. I originally thought my pads were worn down so much that they were shaking around in the calipers and scratching the rotors. Not the case, I pulled my wheels off and the front and rear pads are fine. The rotors are also free of imperfections except for the back left rotor which has a very minor groove.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
722 Posts
You've checked EVERY pad, inside and out? If so, check the water splash shields to make sure they are not rubbing. They can get bent when doing brake work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts