Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys so here’s the situation. In cali the weather has been down to about 40 or 50 at night. When I go to cold start my 2012 dodge Charger rt it starts up like normal. And I start backing out the driveway and flip it into gear. My transmission is like slipping or something. I drive in auto stick all the time. So when I put into 1st gear. And then start to accelerate. My rpm’s are all the way at 3-5 thousand rpm’s before actually pulling. Then about a mile or 2 down the road when I finally start getting warm it will go back to normal and drive completely fine. Does anyone possibly know what the problem could be? Is my tranny going bad or drive line. Thanks for your time.

· Registered
2,405 Posts
First thing I would check if it works fine after warm up is the Trans fluid level. The NAG1 is very sensitive to either high or low fluid level. Check out YouTube for videos on how to check the fluid level

Reactions: NJMOPAR

· Registered
3,670 Posts
T
he NAG1 is very sensitive to either high or low fluid level.
Also sensitive to any water in the fluid (contaminated by moisture/condensation). Check the fluid condition in addition to fluid level. May want to get a fluid and filter change if the transmission service has not been done before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts