Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(Sad face.:( Dude runs stop sign and has no insurance, but hey on the bright side , look .... my fog lights still work. (pun intended) :D
He tried to stretch out his story and basically lie about it, then the truth came out when the dash cam was played back to the officer. Well now i guess we wait to see what insurance says... What a lovely morning. Take care all , stay safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,492 Posts
Well that does suck, hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: Out2k

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That sucks ass man! At least you are ok and if they fix it, you can always opt for doing the SRT front bumper assembly like I did! :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
:(Sad face.:( Dude runs stop sign and has no insurance, but hey on the bright side , look .... my fog lights still work. (pun intended) :D
He tried to stretch out his story and basically lie about it, then the truth came out when the dash cam was played back to the officer. Well now i guess we wait to see what insurance says... What a lovely morning. Take care all , stay safe!
What pun?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What pun?
on the ""bright side"" , look .... my ""fog lights"" still work.

Corny joke, but was just trying to shed "light" on a crappy situation. So guess at the time i thought it was more of a pun toward the car , instead of a joke. Anyways , get it now?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Glad you’re ok bro..hope you’re able to get it fixed soon

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well , update. Insurance adjuster called a bit ago, due to some frame damage and all the damage outside and under the hood, its too close to the current value of the car and he totaled it. So i guess its gone : (
Just got back a bit ago from getting all my stuff out of it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
:(:(:(

New Charger!! :D:D:D Yeah???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:(:(:(

New Charger!! :D:D:D Yeah???
Maybe ... :D right now i am debating on Stepping up to RT, or stay SXT cause i drive almost 45 mins to work everyday. Almost 50 miles one way.
So i am looking into gas differences of RT and SXT and stuff. Its been kinda nice filling up once a week and driving all week off 45 bucks on my SE. But at the same rate i would not mind an extra 100 or so HP. Muhahaha
What kind of MPG do you get off your RT if you drive somewhat easy? or HYW? I live in the mountains of TN, so i would think it would be somewhat simular to colorado

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Stepping up will most definitely have it's benefits and it's negatives...me personally, I think it's worth the upgrade, and to answer your question, when conservatively driven..I average around 17 MPG...and I daily the hell out of mine! Yeah, pretty similar, and I still take mine up the mountain passes at least once a weekend! Also, since mine is AWD, coupled with dedicated snow tires, gets me around no issues in winter!

Ultimately, it's up to the individual and you're specific needs/desires, but if you ask me, I would upgrade and not look back...and I've had 4's, & 6's, to me, nothing compares to a solid V8!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stepping up will most definitely have it's benefits and it's negatives...me personally, I think it's worth the upgrade, and to answer your question, when conservatively driven..I average around 17 MPG...and I daily the hell out of mine! Yeah, pretty similar, and I still take mine up the mountain passes at least once a weekend! Also, since mine is AWD, coupled with dedicated snow tires, gets me around no issues in winter!

Ultimately, it's up to the individual and you're specific needs/desires, but if you ask me, I would upgrade and not look back...and I've had 4's, & 6's, to me, nothing compares to a solid V8!
ok, good and thanks for the imput. Yeah i am really wanting to step it up a notch, dont get me wrong like i said i loved my 6, but would like to try out the V8. The last V8 i had was my dodge ram, but thats not the same to me truck vs car. Going to start browsing to see whats out there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have RT and we get 20+ on interstate with the ECO its a 4 banger.

I love my RT... x2. Mine too was totaled in May and I am still rehabbing knee from injuries, but car saved my life.

Dash cam in my car now... glad to hear it saved you from liability.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have RT and we get 20+ on interstate with the ECO its a 4 banger.

I love my RT... x2. Mine too was totaled in May and I am still rehabbing knee from injuries, but car saved my life.

Dash cam in my car now... glad to hear it saved you from liability.
Thanks for the feedback on your RT, this really helps me choose what i might want to do. Also hope your knees get better soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
19 around town....25-27 on the big road...

That is with your current R/T AWD?

I could handle 25-27 ish. That is not too much of a loss from the 28 to 30 i was getting. I drive around 44 miles one way to work, and 28 ish of it is HYW. So i am trying to think more power, but be economically smart about it as well, i do not want to go from 40/45 week in gas to 100, lol.
So far its sounding like at least AWD is the way to go. I normally do not step on the peddle much, but i have my here and there moments, lol.

Do any of you use the tazer? Can you disable AWD as well sometimes?

·
Registered
411 Posts
yup...altho on a recent trip up the Jersey Turnpike at a steady 85 I got 23...[drafting a Chevy Suburban]....I think the AWD can be disabled by pulling fuse #48 but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That is with your current R/T AWD?

I could handle 25-27 ish. That is not too much of a loss from the 28 to 30 i was getting. I drive around 44 miles one way to work, and 28 ish of it is HYW. So i am trying to think more power, but be economically smart about it as well, i do not want to go from 40/45 week in gas to 100, lol.
So far its sounding like at least AWD is the way to go. I normally do not step on the peddle much, but i have my here and there moments, lol.

Do any of you use the tazer? Can you disable AWD as well sometimes?
Yes, you can disable it at any time, especially if left plugged in by doing what is called "Force RWD Mode" which will put you're car in full time RWD...and what ppl are averaging is about right! I get less due to my specific tune (which is not gas mileage friendly) and also my lead foot tendency! I live though...with a smile on my face each drive...

·
Registered
64 Posts
These are good statistics... I am RWD Road & Track... so apple to apple pie...

I (with diligent restraint) can get 18mpg city on a commute that is atypical midwestern commute of 20miles.

On a trip to NC, a buddy of mine offered to drive his Honda Element. He felt his 4 cylinder would save us great deal over my big V8. He is accountant and very ‘thrifty’, as he would turn his cell off to minimize his voice plan needs only 3 yrs ago. . Anyway, his Honda he explained would get 20mpg on Interstate. Having convinced him we would get better mpg and my sedan had more room he relented.

Needless to say... even with a few 100mph stints, we averaged 26.6mpg from Cincy - to Maggie Valley, NC in the mountains.

We can always rationalize Horse Power ! It has therapeutic benefits as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear that you encountered stupid people.

An upgrade would be a good thing.

I've got the 392 in my Daytona, I get 16-18 around town doing my normal driving. I get around 23 on the highway with the cruise set. I know it's not great, but it's better than what I was getting in my Jeep JK around town (13-14).
I honestly don't care what my gas mileage is, I fill up about every 7-10 days which is around $35. I'm OK with that.

Exco

·
Registered
411 Posts
best fuel saver for me is having Wifey in the passenger seat...and I no longer let her ride behind me on my Yamaha...she has a hell of a kidney punch...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts