Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Dodge Charger pursuit that just had the A/C start clicking real loud on the drivers side (in the dash).

It’s not the blend door actuators (both passenger side and driver side will go from hot to cold with the controls as normal). But I can’t switch the controls from defrost to face to floor (I.e. it’s stuck on face).

I only found one part number…but it was for the blend door actuator… Is this the same actuator for changing the flow or is there a different part? Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,829 Posts
I have a 2011 Dodge Charger pursuit that just had the A/C start clicking real loud on the drivers side (in the dash).

It’s not the blend door actuators (both passenger side and driver side will go from hot to cold with the controls as normal). But I can’t switch the controls from defrost to face to floor (I.e. it’s stuck on face).

I only found one part number…but it was for the blend door actuator… Is this the same actuator for changing the flow or is there a different part? Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
On my 2011 all the actuators were the same.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I can’t switch the controls from defrost to face to floor
That's the Mode Door actuator. The mode door actuator directs the air flow to the floor, defrost/demist and the instrument panel vents. The mode door actuator is under the dash on the driver side; just like the driver side Blend Door actuator.
The mode door actuator is below the blend door actuator (i.e. blend door actuator is above the heater core tubes and the mode door actuator is down in front of the heater core tubes).
As stated by dodgeguy the actuators are the same part number (i.e. blend door actuators are interchangeable with each other, and with the actuators for the recirculation and mode-air doors).

Blend door actuator location above the heater core tubes:
Font Auto part Parallel Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Mode door actuator location in front of heater core tubes:
Font Auto part Map Pattern Drawing

Reactions: MonteCristo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts