Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Not an R/t. That would be a Pursuit. The keyhole in the trunk gives it away!

What is the rest of the exhaust made of?

And getting a video of it pulling away would be crucial. So many cars sound great on a initial start up, and free rev but when actually pulling a load sound bit awful. So I always suggest going by a video with a pull under load.

EDIT: I already showed you a video of mine in other thread so deleted it here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not an R/t. That would be a Pursuit. The keyhole in the trunk gives it away!

What is the rest of the exhaust made of?

And getting a video of it pulling away would be crucial. So many cars sound great on a initial start up, and free rev but when actually pulling a load sound bit awful. So I always suggest going by a video with a pull under load.

EDIT: I already showed you a video of mine in other thread so deleted it here.
Pursuit indeed lol, but same 5.7 so i’d say it applies to both. The exhaust was welded with stainless steel and modified to be 2.5” like the mid pipes. The video for WOT (Interior + exterior) will be up soon with better quality, as i’ve only been recording on my potato quality phone. It is pretty raspy if i’m gonna be honest, which should be reduced with some nice vibrant 1792s.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I bet it would sound a lot better if it were a true RT!😄😄

Sounds great to me!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joined the forum as well i see. Go for it man. I had mine done locally so all the piping was replaced with new piping for 700$. Yours should be a lot cheaper as long as you keep your pipes and just swap out the X for an H-Pipe and remove the mufflers. You’re really not gonna lose as much power as people would say so I’m all for it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
You should not lose any power by changing from a x pipe to an H pipe. Same holds true when going from the older RT 2.25 piping to the 2.75. Should not get any power loss. Change the manifolds to LT headers and you may loose power if not tuned for them or the primaries are not equal or too large for your engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Joined the forum as well i see. Go for it man. I had mine done locally so all the piping was replaced with new piping for 700$. Yours should be a lot cheaper as long as you keep your pipes and just swap out the X for an H-Pipe and remove the mufflers. You’re really not gonna lose as much power as people would say so I’m all for it.
Lol. I've already talked to my local exhaust guy and he said about $120. Instead of a mid muffler delete and reso delete i've replaced both with dynomax mini race bullets so it would sound a little different from yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol. I've already talked to my local exhaust guy and he said about $120. Instead of a mid muffler delete and reso delete i've replaced both with dynomax mini race bullets so it would sound a little different from yours.
Good choice. Was planning on doing something similar like blastin bobs resonators or even vibrant resonators. It’ll probably sound like a Durango R/T (which is a good thing) as they don’t have an x-pipe.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Not sure if you said you are replacing the reso's or just the mids or reso's and mids with dynomax. Do not replace the reso's unless you want a lot of real obnoxious drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if you said you are replacing the reso's or just the mids or reso's and mids with dynomax. Do not replace the reso's unless you want a lot of real obnoxious drone.
I was saying thats already my current setup. When I bought the car it had the resos deleted and it had thrush welded mufflers in the middle. My current quad dynomax setup is a lot louder but the drone isn't that bad. I may just have a high tolerance for these kinds of sounds, but I barely notice it unless I'm cruising at 70mph which was my intention for getting 4 instead of the usual 2.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
183 Posts
For anyone who wonders what an H-Piped R/T sounds like. Made this video myself as there’s very few out there.

I always wanted to ask this to someone with the loud badass sounding exhaust. When you are driving down the interstate or wherever, is there a lot of vibration sound in the car?? If that is even the right word to use??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always wanted to ask this to someone with the loud badass sounding exhaust. When you are driving down the interstate or wherever, is there a lot of vibration sound in the car?? If that is even the right word to use??
The sound you are referring to is called drone and whether or not you hear it depends on your exhaust setup. Our Chargers as well as every other US/Canada sold modern car as far as I'm aware have resonators from the factory. They are there to prevent drone. If your car doesn't have resonators or something to substitute them your car will drone. Some people are really bothered by the sound of drone and some aren't. Its like how some people can drive on the freeway with the front windows rolled up and the back windows rolled down and others get a popping sensation in there ears.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts