Dodge Charger Forum banner

7621 - 7639 of 7639 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
So I have been absent for a bit, but some shit went down...long story short, day before Thanksgiving slid on some black ice doing 5 MPH, ended up on a crosswalk median island, and caused about $16K in damage to the undercarriage of my car....Insurance ended up total loss, and payed the remainder of loan and $6K in my pocket over.....

....so I upgraded! Meet "Mystique" 2015 Scat Pack SRT 392; picked her up this past Tuesday....Build thread to follow shortly with pics and info! Transferred some stuff already from my '14 to her...

20191219_113357.jpg
20191219_113428.jpg
20191221_115408.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I have been absent for a bit, but some shit went down...long story short, day before Thanksgiving slid on some black ice doing 5 MPH, ended up on a crosswalk median island, and caused about $16K in damage to the undercarriage of my car....Insurance ended up total loss, and payed the remainder of loan and $6K in my pocket over.....

....so I upgraded! Meet "Mystique" 2015 Scat Pack SRT 392; picked her up this past Tuesday....Build thread to follow shortly with pics and info! Transferred some stuff already from my '14 to her...
Looks great! Quite the blessing in disguise, eh?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks great! Quite the blessing in disguise, eh?
You said it man! Though I do wish I would have upgraded under different circumstances like being able to keep my '14 and not have damaged her...but can't have everything right! Def happy with the upgrade for sure!! :cool:

·
Registered
620 Posts

Hate that this happened, Glad you're OK, New ride looks GREAT! Now go out there and STAY SAFE! ;)

View attachment 118929 View attachment 118930 View attachment 118931

·
Registered
189 Posts
You said it man! Though I do wish I would have upgraded under different circumstances like being able to keep my '14 and not have damaged her...but can't have everything right! Def happy with the upgrade for sure!! :cool:
Damn. Sherilyn is no more? That's a shame, you had her really upgraded nicely! I love that you have a 392 now, hope you won't miss that AWD much? I hear you on the "different circumstances" upgrade. My plan is to buy a Scat (Or maybe even a 'Cat) after my AWD RT is paid for, and use the AWD RT as my "winter beater". Sounds good in theory, anyway! Glad you're okay pal! RIP Sherilyn!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drove it like I still live in GA xD (Ohio now. Georgia drivers on here should know what I mean). Got an alignment recently and made sure my tire PSI was up and it rides like a dream.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Damn. Sherilyn is no more? That's a shame, you had her really upgraded nicely! I love that you have a 392 now, hope you won't miss that AWD much? I hear you on the "different circumstances" upgrade. My plan is to buy a Scat (Or maybe even a 'Cat) after my AWD RT is paid for, and use the AWD RT as my "winter beater". Sounds good in theory, anyway! Glad you're okay pal! RIP Sherilyn!
Thanks brother! Yeah, not happy that I had to say goodbye to her like that, but not my first rodeo lol....and honestly, that right there what your plan is, was my plan for her! Pay her off then upgrade to...basically this car and have Sherilyn for my daily/winter beast and the 392 I would build her to race...which is still the plan hahah lol! Still got to post up the thread for her...just been busy af with the holidays, but I'll keep updated! Def get a Scat though...loving this 392!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Added foot well and under seat 7 color LEDs. I wasn't sure how they would look so I just got some cheap ones encase I did not like it. For some reason, my dash lights would not turn off after I locked the car. I don't know why it did that but disconnecting then reconnecting the battery fixed the problem.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Replaced horns with salvaged GM Caddy 4 Horn Set of A,C,D,F note train horns. A 30dB increase at least. It pegged my meter.
On my test drive I was laughing out loud grinning ear to ear.

They can be found at u-pull-it salvage yards or eBay. You gotta pull the fascia and use a good 20A relay. Branching off with OE wires to run these four is not optimal

The comparisons..

The setup...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Added foot well and under seat 7 color LEDs. I wasn't sure how they would look so I just got some cheap ones encase I did not like it. For some reason, my dash lights would not turn off after I locked the car. I don't know why it did that but disconnecting then reconnecting the battery fixed the problem.
View attachment 118997 View attachment 118998
Damn those look nice! I've toyed around with this idea since I did it with my last vehicle and I'm digging the look it has on this interior, especially the blue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn those look nice! I've toyed around with this idea since I did it with my last vehicle and I'm digging the look it has on this interior, especially the blue.
The kit I got is not bright enough for me. It comes with 4 LED bars(2 for the front and 2 for under the seats. I have both bars pointing towards the front. I do love the look though. Later on, I may get a better kit and move this set to the trunk. I think having this kit light up my air tank would look cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got an oil change. With 110,650 miles I decided to go for a syn blend. Overall inspection has everything in the green. Only thing I really need is to get the OPS fixed to rid myself of the CEL.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally installed the Zautomotive Tazer on my Daytona 392 today. I have been wanting one since I 1st got my R/T but never pulled the trigger on it. Also installed the "Daytona" puddle lights on the front doors. Had them for a few months but was too busy...aka lazy... to put them in.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Second oil change (Pennzoil full synthetic, SRT Viper filter), plus added a Fumoto drain valve. Also did (5th.) oil and filter change on the Ram. I like the fact that both vehicles use the same filters, and the same weight/amount oil for the change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know i'm not the 1st to say this but the Tazer is a game changer for my Daytona 392. Track Mode should be re-named Beast Mode. And Eco Mode may tame it enough for the woman to attempt to drive it. If anyone is wondering, Track Mode and Eco Mode did not come with the '18s. Still can't figure out how to get the the In Motion Nav typing to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also an update on the set of Atturo AZ850. Took a road trip to Mobile from Atlanta and another Trip to Miami from Atlanta. Tires are quiet and handle perfect. The 315's hook up better than the Nitto 555s that I replaced. I will never pay for expensive tires again. Going to get a set for my Ram 1500 this summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dropped it off at Triple A to finally get the OPS replaced. Wont have it back until tomorrow due to closing hours. Driving my old 03 jeep that feels like it can fall apart at any moment, in the meantime.

UPDATE: I cancelled so fast it's not even remotely funny. The shop calls me to tell me there's a 50/50 chance they'll break a housing unit that has the OPS on it and they'll have to replace it if that happens, which would run me over $700! He justified this as being a "common problem with chargers" with the fact that Chrysler makes the whole unit with the OPS on it. I'm thinking, why tf did they not just order that initially? And I don't buy that crap for a second. Unreliable and greedy.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Took it to the Dealer and had, the passenger side fuel pump replaced because it was leaking thru the top.
Had the passenger side airbag recall done finally. Had power steering fluid added to the electro hydraulic pump because steering effort had increased lately. They told me usually it is the pump but after adding fluid it works fine and there were no leaks that could be found.

7621 - 7639 of 7639 Posts