Dodge Charger Forum banner

7641 - 7660 of 7695 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Replaced the starter! Not nearly as much of a PITA as it was in my FJ Cruiser, which took all day. This one only took about an hour and a half.

Bought a used one from an LKQ lot with 3k miles for $65, hoping all goes well.

I actually like the badging on these cars so I added some black/red HEMI badges since pursuit models do not include badges. Waiting on the blacked out Charger nameplate at the moment.

·
Registered
999 Posts
It got 4 new Pirelli tires. Wife brought it home with a bolt in the tire. They were due to replaced soon anyway.
Love Pirelli's!! Sporting the Winter Carving Edge in 275's currently and have been a fan of the Scorpion Verde AS too

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tried to replace the fake exhaust tips with real ones. I couldn't remove part of the exhaust so I gave up, I'll try again later. I may just cut the pipe it but I'll be screwed if I can't remove the fake tips.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tried to replace the fake exhaust tips with real ones. I couldn't remove part of the exhaust so I gave up, I'll try again later. I may just cut the pipe it but I'll be screwed if I can't remove the fake tips.
Have you tried looking into an SRT rear bumper? They don't have the plastic exhaust tips.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have not, I did not want to replace my bumper. Iv seen others do what im trying to do and I like that look. I'll try again later when I have more time.
Think your attempting to do like what I did on my '14 right? It was a bit to get those faux tips off, but once you do and get tips to mount on the end of the exhaust it all looks right!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I am. Once I find my pipe cutter I may try again.
You def should as it looks waaayyy better with them off and proper tips on there! Gives the rear a whole new, more aggressive look!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pull (bend) the end (closest to the tailpipe) of the tip down until it clears the end of the exhaust pipe, then wiggle/rock it in a sideways motion while pulling downward. Mine came off after about 3 "wiggles". Here's what I did on my 13 when I had it. These ARE connected to the exhaust. The fake tips were really easy to remove. Just take your time and you'll get them off.
S6302413.JPG
[/QUOTE]

7641 - 7660 of 7695 Posts