Dodge Charger Forum banner

7661 - 7680 of 8124 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I changed my front end on my 2006 Daytona R/T with a custom built Danko 69 facia. I love this new look. Going in to paint this week. This custom facia was a game changer. Car shows here I come

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,164 Posts
Not today but yesterday. I replaced the front brake pads and rotors. The pads still had about a 1/3 left but were crumbling at the top and bottom edges. The rotors had a small wobble on braking so the rotors fixed that. The car has 88,000 miles and the brakes were the originals.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed a center console! Not having cupholders is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. That mini console was such a huge inconvenience since it had the bare minimum, not even having a place to reliably set my phone down while it was plugged in. Scratched up my screen a bit because of the screw and bolt in the middle of the console holding the thing in place. Spilled a couple drinks too which hurt my soul both times it happened.

I cannot for the life of me figure out which wiring harness I need for the cigarette lighters, USB port, and SD card slot to function though. I cannibalized one of the cigarette lighter units from the mini console as a temporary solution so I at least have one functional power source (which feeds up through the shifter bezel from the empty space the shifter assembly would be mounted) but it's not ideal. Since there aren't many 2015+ Chargers being retired from police service yet, there are next to no videos that I can find for this generation and the wiring/consoles are different in the 11-14s. Anybody got any, or know where to get, insight on this?

Reactions: dodgeguy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi
I cannot for the life of me figure out which wiring harness I need for the cigarette lighters, USB port, and SD card slot to function though. I cannibalized one of the cigarette lighter units from the mini console as a temporary solution so I at least have one functional power source (which feeds up through the shifter bezel from the empty space the shifter assembly would be mounted) but it's not ideal. Since there aren't many 2015+ Chargers being retired from police service yet, there are next to no videos that I can find for this generation and the wiring/consoles are different in the 11-14s. Anybody got any, or know where to get, insight on this?
I have a civilian 2015 Charger AWD with the civilian console.

The USB cable that goes from the back of the radio to the media hub (USB port) I have in my car is 68252395AA (which is a very early model, looks to be replaced by 68252395AD)

You also need the rest of the console harness to provide power to the media hub and it will also power the cigar lighter port. If I were you, I would try to get one from a scrap yard, however you can also find it easily on parts websites. Let me know if you really can't find the part number, I will try.

PS: I did a quick search and I think you need 68285630AA. No guarantee. It might not be a direct fit in your vehicle, but you should be able to splice it in (pinouts here).

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
So today I took to the dealer to get the spark plugs changed. A misfire on #4 had come up a little while ago, I read the code, it was misfire on #4 so just on a hunch I ran a bottle of Lucas fi cleaner thru it and cleared the code that was a week ago the code did not come back. So when I checked in I told them ok to replace #4 coil pack if needed. Well as I was waiting they came back and said the head was bad(left) which would have been under warranty but then after further diagnosis they determined it was rocker arms not under warranty. Apparently this is not uncommon. So made an appointment. $1400.00 and 2 days in shop to replace all 24.

·
Registered
34 Posts
FINALLY got my oil pressure sensor fixed. $445. Finally rid of the CEL...for now. Guy said there could be an issue with the thermostat sensor but we'll see if the CEL comes back on.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Reactions: Nuwanda and mofogo

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Sounds nice and mean brother!!! Love it...def need to hear WOT vid now..haha!!
Haha, working on it..weather crappy right now

Reactions: MadMaxx

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
That sounds awesome! Great exhaust mods! I also like the "Girl in passenger seat" mod you've got. Hard to find that mod sometimes! Lol
Thanks bro! Yea I'm still working on it really. Trying to get it right, might do some headers and electric cutouts next....Yea, I hear ya.. I'm mostly with my lady so I just threw it on there...lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi

I have a civilian 2015 Charger AWD with the civilian console.

The USB cable that goes from the back of the radio to the media hub (USB port) I have in my car is 68252395AA (which is a very early model, looks to be replaced by 68252395AD)

You also need the rest of the console harness to provide power to the media hub and it will also power the cigar lighter port. If I were you, I would try to get one from a scrap yard, however you can also find it easily on parts websites. Let me know if you really can't find the part number, I will try.

PS: I did a quick search and I think you need 68285630AA. No guarantee. It might not be a direct fit in your vehicle, but you should be able to splice it in (pinouts here).
Interesting. I'll look into them, thanks for the info! I have absolutely no idea what I am doing when it comes to splicing wires and connections, so it'll be a learning experience.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Started the upgrade process, got a trade in value for the SE, now just waiting for the R/T to get here from Phoenix. Should be done Tuesday next week.

Reactions: Nuwanda and MadMaxx
7661 - 7680 of 8124 Posts