Dodge Charger Forum banner

7681 - 7695 of 7695 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well the CEL came back on. Can't say I'm surprised since they warned it could be thanks to a thermostat sensor. Gonna investigate that.

EDIT: As indicated in an earlier post, the CEL is due to the thermostat this time. Luckily this looks like a much easier/quicker fix so either I'll do it myself or my shop can do it for cheaper than what the OPS was.

·
Registered
999 Posts
^^Haha YES!!! Perfection....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Took her to Auto Zone when my Check Engine light came on. Held my breath, hoping for inexpensive news. Came back as a "loose gas cap", which is interesting since this car isn't built with one. I'm told by my mechanic this is nothing major, just clear the code, and see if it comes back. So, no expensive repair, I guess. Maybe I'll spend the $$ on mods instead? Lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
Took her to Auto Zone when my Check Engine light came on. Held my breath, hoping for inexpensive news. Came back as a "loose gas cap", which is interesting since this car isn't built with one. I'm told by my mechanic this is nothing major, just clear the code, and see if it comes back. So, no expensive repair, I guess. Maybe I'll spend the $$ on mods instead? Lol
I had the same thing happen when I had my 2013. I replaced the round rubber seal that attaches to the inside of the fuel door and it never happened again.

7681 - 7695 of 7695 Posts