Dodge Charger Forum banner

8041 - 8060 of 8068 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently had to replace my entire trunk because of a slightly worse rust situation. Had the trunk replaced and the new one painted to match for a little over $1k. F*in rust...
Bummer. I was wondering if I'd need the whole trunk lid replaced, but the shop says not. If they did have to replace the lid, I was thinking about leaving the spoiler off. I really have mixed feelings about that thing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have they done work for you prior to this?
I'd check to ensure they do an excellent job of blending the paint after.

Still - I wonder why rust started there, of all places!
I haven't had them do any work prior to this, so it's my first experience with them. That said, they have a good rep and I've seen some of their paint work, which looks good.
It's a small shop in a rural area that's been in business for decades. I know people that have taken work to them and they've been happy with the results.

And I too wonder why rust started there. So I'm also having the shop do a complete rust inspection, including putting the car on a lift. Might as well have them do it all at once, if there are more spots.

·
Registered
592 Posts
And I too wonder why rust started there. So I'm also having the shop do a complete rust inspection, including putting the car on a lift. Might as well have them do it all at once, if there are more spots.
Good point.
I'd also suggest closely inspecting the fenders in behind the front wheel arches and underneath the weather stripping in front of your rear wheels that help seal the rear doors.
I discovered a few weeks ago that water seeped in behind the weather stripping and has compromised the metal there 20% along that lip:

Also check under your trunk along the painted areas that touch the bumper stops and weather strip liner - if you use your trunk a lot you will notice that the paint/clear will have worn down in those areas.
A trip to the body shop is due for me as well..just waiting on some Danko parts before I schedule the trip..

Attachments

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
All I can say I am glad I live in a dry climate, damn those pictures are sad . I can tell your White Charger is well cared for, your door jambs are spotless.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If they did have to replace the lid, I was thinking about leaving the spoiler off. I really have mixed feelings about that thing.
I love the molded-in-color spoilers on our gen of Charger. They look odd to me without one, but everyone's tastes are different. Sure would be a boring world if they weren't. :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Got the KNGwraps Custom Wicker Bill installed!! :

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Got my Red Kevlar/Black Carbon Fiber 2x2 twill kit in from Composite Envisions :

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Used some 3M double sided tape to stick the trim strip back on the right front door after the automatic car wash pulled it off... 😐

Gumby

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Did my routine oil change w/Mobil 1 full synthetic, SRT high flow filter, emptied catch can and installed my Fumoto drain valve

20200629_114101.jpg

20200629_122036.jpg

20200629_123415.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh boy, 2 days ago, installed "sultan of spark" 40000 volts coils and ngk platinum plugs gapped at .065".... oh boy. still working on saving up for the needed 3:09 limited slip diff. any one know where I might be able to obtain 1 under 50k miles and fairly cheap ($400.00 - $500.00) ? this open rear diff just aint cuttin it....

·
Registered
211 Posts
After @RustyColt ’s otherthread reminded of of the dragons tail and the kid out of nowhere asked this morning if we could just go for a drive I was inspired to take the ride up to Lick Observatory. Of course the place itself is closed right now with the cooties raging but was hoping at least the parking lot was open, lol it wasn’t. Shame too cause when it’s really clear you can see the towers on the GGB 40 + miles away. Still an awesome ride with amazing views of Santa Clara valley. Wife too the photos. Weather was clear in the High sixties so all windows wide open. Also didn’t waste any cyclists, squirrels, or wild turkeys so a successful little trip.

8041 - 8060 of 8068 Posts