Dodge Charger Forum banner

8141 - 8160 of 8204 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Took the weekend and did an oil change/tire rotation/cabin vent filter, finally took the Bwoody links off my old Charger and put them in this one, swapped in the 180° stat that I've had for it and at long last got the old exhaust to come out so I could finally put the Magnaflow catback I've had for it in (to make it louder and trip that exhaust backpressure sensor 🤦‍♂️).
Then three days later I used it to take my 9yr old male Dogo to the vet for the last time 😭😭😭
RIP Zeus, you were the goodest boy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry to hear about Zeus...hopefully he didnt suffer much during his last days.
Definitely leaves a void of sorts.
I still remember how my cousin bawled his eyes out for three days straight until he got a new pup on the fourth.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Sorry to hear that. He's a good-looking dog! RIP 😟
Thanks

Sorry to hear about Zeus...hopefully he didnt suffer much during his last days.
Definitely leaves a void of sorts.
I still remember how my cousin bawled his eyes out for three days straight until he got a new pup on the fourth.
He went downhill QUICK. Last week he was fine. Come Monday he had very little to no appetite (and this dog was all about food) and very lethargic. Take him to the vet Tuesday, they do blood work and x-rays; very anemic, take him to the ER now. Get there, they do ultrasound. Mass visible in his spleen. Lots of fluid in the pericardium. Have them drain the fluid in the pericardium so they can see better and make him feel a bit better, fluid turns out to be blood. Now that they can see inside his chest better, mass in his spleen was hemangiosarcoma that had spread to his lungs and bleeding into the pericardium. Took him home to have one last day at home. Draining the blood out didn't really help him long term. He couldn't breathe all that well and he had no energy. Probably should have done it Wednesday. Just laid with him, absolutely killed me when he'd look up at me like "help me" and knowing I couldn't do a fucking thing to help him but was going to happen the next day. Spent the rest of that day into Thursday spoiling him, all the treats, cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets he wanted. Thursday afternoon we loaded up (me, my gf, my brother who was like his best buddy and our two females, one like Zeus, the other older and smaller). He had a fan club at the vet's office, they were all crying too and came to say goodbye. It sucked but I was so relieved he wasn't hurting anymore. Last few days have been rough and by yesterday the girls had figured out he was really gone. Maggie (my female) has been mopey because she doesn't have her rough house partner anymore. We used to joke that Roxy (16yr old lab/pit mix) was gonna out live them both; didn't think it would actually happen. Zeus was only 9 and the average Dogo lifespan is 10-12yrs.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,245 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, we lost our 13 year old Doberman girl last May to virtually the same thing but we sent her to the bridge before the bleeding started.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ran over a deer today (a already dead deer in the center of the lane), on a curve with no where to go but over the carcass. Car to my right, construction barrier to my left. I'm surprised it did no apparent damage to the grille or bumper, just some of the plastic fender wells underneath. Having it put on a lift and looked at Wednesday for an estimate. God bless zero-deductible comprehensive insurance. I consider it a must-have in Western PA!

Reactions: Maxwell Meyer

·
Registered
166 Posts
Installed LED switchbacks. I forgot to buy the resister kit so I'll have to live with the hyper flash for now. Had a slight issue with the switchback fitment but nothing a file couldn't fix.

EDIT: oh yea. I forgot that I also added brighter map lights. Opened my door and was blinded by the bright lights, LOL

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Today it got an oil and filter change and emptied the catch can.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got my mid mufflers out and replaced them with Dynomax Mini Race Bullets. Next I'll remove the resonators but I'll get those done later. I need to put the money towards something else for now.

If anyone is in the Inland Empire, I highly recommend Roger's Exhaust Shop. Great place run and employed by great people.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Changed waterpump. Pump itself was fine, but gasket was bad. I am surprised by the damage to the impeller and housing from cavitation.

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Today the interior got vacuumed, a damp wipe and the leather treated.

8141 - 8160 of 8204 Posts