Dodge Charger Forum banner

8181 - 8200 of 8209 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Recharged my A/C refrigerant. Went from getting hot air to ice cold air, summer won't be as unpleasant now. Seems that Pursuit models use the more common R-134a rather than the way more expensive R-134yf. Perks of having a cop car, everything's cheaper to maintain.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mentioned elsewhere, but on Friday night, Christmas Eve, I had my Charger towed to the local shop.

Blown engine, apparently.
Sigh.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mentioned elsewhere, but on Friday night, Christmas Eve, I had my Charger towed to the local shop.

Blown engine, apparently.
Sigh.
Shit man, sorry to hear! Do you know what the cause was?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shit man, sorry to hear! Do you know what the cause was?
Turns out it threw a rod. Not sure why, but it did. Now to decide what to do: stock 5.7 replacement, or something larger.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Finally got the rest of the dash pieces in. In a couple of days I'll give it a good cleaning, inside and out. They still look blue in the pictures, but they are plum crazy purple BC/CC. They look better in person, and they'll really look good after cleaning/waxing.
S6302854.JPG
S6302855.JPG
S6302856.JPG
S6302857.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Speaking of Blue things. Using alfaOBD I enabled some stuff for a 300s owner, and kinda liked how the blue looked. Gonna rock it for a while see if I cna live with the Chrysler logo, and car silhouette for the nice blue background.

·
Registered
150 Posts
JBA Headers + Solo High-Flow Cats....23 hours of automotive fun....but not as bad as I expected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My FR-73 front wheels (9.5") arrived last night, so when payday rolls around, I'll be able to get them put on andget rid of the stock basketweave style that came on my '16 scat pack. I'll post up some before and after pics when I get them mounted. Also, in other good news, the place where I work hired a new painter and I'll be able to get the hood repainted in a satin black for somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 (convenient price tag there lolz).

·
Registered
150 Posts
FR73s are the best wheels for 2011+ Chargers in my opinion.

FE6C712E-A593-4223-8016-C8DFCD1C2DED.jpeg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't mind my dirty engine, but I swapped my breather hose with a filter. Isn't really gonna do anything, but I like the look more. Accidentally dented the bottom part installing it though 🙃

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
111 Posts
Paid another bill at the shop putting my car back together after my engine blew. Of course I won’t even see the car for another month, at least. :(

·
Registered
18 Scat 11.55 @120
28 Posts
Scat Pack 1320 Coil Springs install. Definitely rotates now for sure. Next up is the Upper Control arms.. SPC Adjustable Camber and Caster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally got the Satin Black FR 73 wheels installed yesterday on the front to match the rears which I did a few months back.

I still have the stock shitty BadYears up front. On the rear are a set of 275 NITTO 555's I had to get due to budget. Next tirechange I'm going with some 305 M/T's in the rear, haven't decided on the fronts yet.

I went with a staggered setup in Satin Black. I agree with @vjo90rs8 in post #8192. I think that the chrome finish would have looked horrible on a White/Black/Red combination. Next up is hood gets repainted a Satin Black. Ballpark of $600 from the painter at work, then all I need is a stripe kit from these guys. A solid red or cardinal.

Before:

IMG_20200525_1521160[1].jpg

After:
IMG_20210116_1659490[1].jpg

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,251 Posts
Gave it a bath, finally Had a morning above 40 degrees that the car was available. .

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
280 Posts
Installed the 6.4 Intake. Yet to wire in the MSD window switch for SRV function. Initial tests with no tuning show increased bottom and mid range power. Have not tried a launch yet as my tires already are bald-ish. (waiting to get every ounce of life outta them before putting new tires on)

8181 - 8200 of 8209 Posts