Dodge Charger Forum banner

8241 - 8260 of 8278 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Small world. Just had mine towed last night. Antifreeze steaming from under the hood. Water pump went. Guess it could've been worse. Hope yours is back in action soon!
Do you plan to replace it with an OEM or aftermarket pump?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Small world. Just had mine towed last night. Antifreeze steaming from under the hood. Water pump went. Guess it could've been worse. Hope yours is back in action soon!
I’m chasing a bunch of low voltage codes. 😑 battery is good, have a crankshaft position sensor on the way. Wiring and connections all look good at least from what I can see. I’m fast approaching my capabilities in my garage 😫

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do you plan to replace it with an OEM or aftermarket pump?
I always go with OEM whenever possible. Aftermarket often seems too much like rolling the dice, no?

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
650 Posts
I always go with OEM whenever possible. Aftermarket often seems too much like rolling the dice, no?
True - though I've found Gates to be a decent alternative at times:

Im still on my original water pump iirc - depending on the pricing differences I may go OEM or Gates should I require a replacement in the future.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m chasing a bunch of low voltage codes. 😑 battery is good, have a crankshaft position sensor on the way. Wiring and connections all look good at least from what I can see. I’m fast approaching my capabilities in my garage 😫
She’s alive!
It was the throttle body. Phew. Happy to have her back on the road!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
In the process of swapping in a Getrag. The unit is used an I am upgrading the clutches. Waiting for my oil to arrive so I can soak the clutches and go together.
Mopar set them up as barely adequate if lightly used. Continue the beatings and the clutches go away and the springs break. I found both springs in this 2013 SRT8 64k mile diff, and the clutches almost to the metal, and major blackness.

Reactions: UncleSamAutos

·
Registered
155 Posts
Took the Daytona 392 on a 803 mile road trip from Atlanta to Dallas/Ft. Worth entirely in Eco Mode. Used the cruise control set at 5 mph over posted. Yes it's 75 in parts of Texas. I have the mid-muffler delete so their is some drone when it drops down to 4 cylinders but the Harmon Kardon sound system took care of that.

I was thinking of using "Normal Mode" for the return trip to compare, but at $3.11 for premium I'll pass.

I am empress by the mpg. And anyone that wants to say that Eco Mode doesn't work can Kiss My Gas Tank!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mopar CAI before she goes in for fitment of a functional ram air hood Monday View attachment 123227
Well the ram air was a bust, wasn’t happy with the gap at the bumper. I’ll likely look at the heat extractor style from the 2012 srt8 instead

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gave her a thorough bath and debadged the tail light.

Note: if anyone knows where to find the Pursuit badge found on Durangos that I can get to replace the R/T badge please lmk.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,530 Posts
Gave it a bath, cleaned and detailed the engine bay. Steel wooled the windshield and installed new wipe blades. Gave it a coat of Pinnacle liquid Souveran wax.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Finished the 6.4 Intake install with SRV wiring. Lucky for me the Pursuit comes with two 20amp Ignition fed relays. Used one to power the who shabang easy peasy. Found a new location to mount as well.

Gonna do dragstrip and a dyno to compare later on.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Gassed it up and watched the odometer turn 11,999 miles. We've had it 2 years coming up April 12.
I'm getting nauseous my car is approaching 10,000 miles. I've had it 2 years in June. It currently sits at 8,750. I've never had anything this nice in my life but for some reason 10,000 miles feels like a lot

8241 - 8260 of 8278 Posts