Dodge Charger Forum banner

8261 - 8278 of 8278 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nasty job of wiring my 2011 Pursuit for Automatic temp control. Sensor, wires, modules.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I plasti-dipped my wheels today. My R/T AWD has the black wheels with polished aluminum spokes, and I always hated the way the bright spokes looked in contrast to the rest of the wheels. I took the car to a car wash first, and had them apply a tire shine to make the dip overspray come off the tires easier. I did 4 coats of black and 2 coats of graphite gray "Metalizer." It turned out really well, in my opinion. I'm usually terrible when it comes to painting stuff - the plasti-dip was very forgiving, and the whole process only took a couple of hours. I did screw up one wheel while trying to remove the overspray, so I just peeled it all off on that wheel and redid it. Very quick and easy.

The first pic is after a couple coats of black, the last two pics are the finished product. Ignore the rusty front calipers (I accidentally bought unpainted BR9 calipers. I'll be painting them next).

While I was at it, I also plastidipped my replica Mopar front lip. I had never gotten it painted, and it had faded a bit from the sun. Looks brand new now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,530 Posts
Ordered a set of DWS 06 Plus tires, to be here Wednesday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Took her to Blythe, CA from the Inland Empire to pick up a couple things. Perk of having a Pursuit, the back seat is easy to take apart because I misjudged how much trunk space I actually have.

After I got home I swapped out my old 5.0" UConnect with an 8.4" Nav. Now just waiting on the nav antenna to be delivered.

Had some issues with Performance Pages not working at first, but after I disabled them and re-enabled them everything worked fine.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Gave it a bath and torqued the intake bolts, they were slightly under spec.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cleaned up the engine bay a bit and picked up an engine cover.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cleaned my engine.

Then installed the 6.4 intake setup on a buddies car. First time doing a civilian car with the CrkBoss setup. Man what a Pain in the arse. Pursuits are just way easier to deal with on this mod. Just tap into already provided 1 of 3 20 amp ignition feed relays.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Had 4 new 255/45/20 Continental DWS 06 plus tires installed. Good bye to those POS Firestone Firehawk GT, did not even make it to 21,000 miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gassed it and the Ram up before the price gets any higher and/or the local stations dry up! $3.19 a gallon right now for 89 octane.
Down here in SoCal $3.57 for 87 is really good, I still remember paying $2.74 for the FJ not that long ago. All the more reason to go E85 I guess.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Deer Charger 4-29-21.jpg
Sinister 1 ordered 5-14-21.jpg

Sent the '13 RT Plus to the body shop after we assassinated a deer last week. God bless insurance! Then finally pulled the trigger and had the dealership order me this WB Hellcat. (No Redeye, because I just wanted a calm, sedate grocery-getter). Pitch Black with Gunmetal stripes. Pretty excited about it. HC for good weather, AWD RT Plus for crap weather. Fun, fun!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
View attachment 123518 View attachment 123519
Sent the '13 RT Plus to the body shop after we assassinated a deer last week. God bless insurance! Then finally pulled the trigger and had the dealership order me this WB Hellcat. (No Redeye, because I just wanted a calm, sedate grocery-getter). Pitch Black with Gunmetal stripes. Pretty excited about it. HC for good weather, AWD RT Plus for crap weather. Fun, fun!
Wow, congrats, on the new ride, that is awesome.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Today it got a bath and detailed the wheels also tire shine. With getting the new tires on Monday the wheels needed attention and even though they put tire shine on the new tires the car soap removed it.

8261 - 8278 of 8278 Posts