Dodge Charger Forum banner
8321 - 8340 of 8348 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wanted to post a picture. Did this Wednesday afternoon on my way into work. I’m wondering how accurate the onboard computer is? View attachment 123871
I would trust 2015+ timers a lot more than any 14 and older due to face speed sensors are in the front wheels for those years.

Reactions: RustyColt

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now that the break in is completed for the new engine (a 345 stroked to 397), I changed the oil and filter, going from 30w PennGrade break in oil to Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 0w-40.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Took the ride to the dealership for a steering shaft replacement. Waiting to hear on the clicking noise from the left front wheel, while backing up.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Florida bug protection.
Can you provide an update on how you like the NoviStretch for your Scat? I have used them on my Corvette's in the past with mixed results. More to do with the durability of their material rather than the paint protection they offer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you provide an update on how you like the NoviStretch for your Scat? I have used thrown object. them on my Corvette's in the past with mixed results. More to do with the durability of their material rather than the paint protection they offer.
I did get a hole in one from a rock or other object or debris. Another was sent no questions asked. Good customer service. No chafing or interference with cooling. Keeps the honey comb grille clean and radiator/condenser too. Wouldn’t be without it in California or Florida.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered a new exhaust and started removing the old one
as a bonus I found zero electronics going to the exhaust valves and no motors
Also no engine lights so someone's had a play and done it well I guess

Next job is to try send find where they hid them as there's not even a clue 🤣

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,608 Posts
Ordered a new exhaust and started removing the old one
as a bonus I found zero electronics going to the exhaust valves and no motors
Also no engine lights so someone's had a play and done it well I guess

Next job is to try send find where they hid them as there's not even a clue 🤣
Exhaust valves did not start until 2015 model year.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Well you've put my mind at ease 🙂
It has the hardware in the exhaust (square plates and springs visible) so I'm guessing they just put a newer exhaust on the car
Could have been cutouts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could have been cutouts.

Excuse my noobie Ness
I have read that the 2012 to 15 srt8 with the 6.4 has them ,or rather heard of issues with them
Either way they look stock and still zero cabling so win win I guess as I shouldn't have any issues when it all comes out ...fingers crossed

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Excuse my noobie Ness
I have read that the 2012 to 15 srt8 with the 6.4 has them ,or rather heard of issues with them
Either way they look stock and still zero cabling so win win I guess as I shouldn't have any issues when it all comes out ...fingers crossed
I could very well be wrong. However dealer parts catalog for 2013 SRT does not show exhaust valve actuators Also the exhaust valve actuators only fit back to 2015. So I have no idea what you have but if it is not hooked up that is great.

Reactions: Dhammalama
8321 - 8340 of 8348 Posts