Dodge Charger Forum banner
8341 - 8360 of 8570 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nothing today,
Walked into the garage to remember, my ride is at the dealership. It’s getting both front hubs and friction plates, WTF are “Friction Plates”? Something to do with a service message about the “Clicking” noise in the wheel area.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,841 Posts
Nothing today,
Walked into the garage to remember, my ride is at the dealership. It’s getting both front hubs and friction plates, WTF are “Friction Plates”? Something to do with a service message about the “Clicking” noise in the wheel area.
I assume you have the 6 piston Brembos so you have 2 piece rotors ,the hat and the friction plate .

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
489 Posts
Today I replaced the OE Osram 4300k HIDs with Xtremevision 5000k bulbs.
Seeing as I had to remove the airbox to do the left side, I replaced that too, with a JLT cold air v2 intake. :)
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

It's a complete airbox that seals the triangle opening on the bottom and the top front edge to the hood (most don't have this)
Neighbor says it roars now, hard to tell since I'm running cats only all the way back.
Feels quicker on launches and I'm happy how it turned out.

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
489 Posts
Since the R/T survived Ida with minimal water intrusion I thought I'd treat it to a set of OEM splash guards. $135 for both sets, used a right angle drill so didn't have to remove the tires.
The plastic 'rivet' plugs that came with them were useless but I have a supply of 1/4" plugs always on hand so no problem.
Took about 45 minutes and they fit perfectly.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
489 Posts
Did some underhood dress up today.
Painted the water tank top with VHT plastic paint. Decided to snazz up the fuse box cover with model paint & stick on letters.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Material property Gas Electric blue

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Have a few more goodies incoming to give it some pop, updates will follow.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I drove 5,000 miles. Avg 22 mpg, had one radiator fan explod and hole my SRT Radiator I installed, Replaced with wimpy stock radiator and single fan. Just so I could get these photos. (I have yet to convert a lot of them)

Sunset somewhere in Arizona
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Bonneville SaltFlats Week of Speed 2021
Wheel Tire Car Mountain Sky

Pikes Peak
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

rte 92 alt Utah
Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
831 Posts
I drove 5,000 miles. Avg 22 mpg, had one radiator fan explod and hole my SRT Radiator I installed, Replaced with wimpy stock radiator and single fan. Just so I could get these photos. (I have yet to convert a lot of them)

Sunset somewhere in Arizona
View attachment 124331

Bonneville SaltFlats Week of Speed 2021
View attachment 124330

Pikes Peak
View attachment 124332

rte 92 alt Utah
View attachment 124333
5,000 miles? That's a helluva roadtrip! No better way to see the country, though!

Reactions: MtnRT

·
Registered
931 Posts
5,000 miles? That's a helluva roadtrip! No better way to see the country, though!
Route was roughly:
Chattanooga > Amarillo > Grand Canyon > Las Vegas > Wendover (Salt Flats) > Cheyenne > Pikes Peak > Kansas City > Chattanooga

I took some back Roads instead of interstate and saw some wonderful scenery and very small town.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I bet it would be a blast, to have a group of friend/people do a convoy trip just like that. What a beautiful way to drive. Love the photos!!
Chances are good I am going again next year..............

·
Registered
182 Posts
Involved in hit and run. Other driver tried to make his exit by crossing 3 lanes. I nailed him hard on the drivers door but he took off. Air bags did not deploy. Also hit the guard rail so the drivers side has scratches. Both front rims are toast. Don't think any of this will just buff out. Going to check for other damage in the morning.

edit: Looked under the car. Some things are bent or broken. Both front rims are damaged.

2nd edit, Car is totaled. Real bummer. Had the car since new at took care of it. I just recently bought a condo so looks like I have to get a shit box for now.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
489 Posts
Last night my window switch broke, went to bring it up and heard the button crack.
$145 and 2 minutes later and all's well again.
Today I put in a Stant 192 degrees t-stat, that was a longer job at almost 5 minutes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
After parking my Charger at the airport for a week long trip, I started it up and pulled out the parking space, and heard a gawd-awful noise in the front end. Suspected a power steering component, but had never heard anything like it before. Everything (other than the noise) seemed to function normally, so I drove it home. The next day I took it to the local shop, and prepared myself for the news that I would have to take it to the dealer. They put it up on the rack, looked, poked and prodded, and came up with a rock the size of a nickel that had become trapped behind a shield by the right front brake. Problem solved.

I was so happy, I ordered a new set of tires!

Which were due to be replaced soon anyway.

Reactions: Nuwanda
8341 - 8360 of 8570 Posts