Dodge Charger Forum banner
8341 - 8348 of 8348 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing today,
Walked into the garage to remember, my ride is at the dealership. It’s getting both front hubs and friction plates, WTF are “Friction Plates”? Something to do with a service message about the “Clicking” noise in the wheel area.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,608 Posts
Nothing today,
Walked into the garage to remember, my ride is at the dealership. It’s getting both front hubs and friction plates, WTF are “Friction Plates”? Something to do with a service message about the “Clicking” noise in the wheel area.
I assume you have the 6 piston Brembos so you have 2 piece rotors ,the hat and the friction plate .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well thanks for your reply to that one
Explains why they cost the same as a black market organ here in the UK 🤣 at least pads are cheap ish

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I replaced the OE Osram 4300k HIDs with Xtremevision 5000k bulbs.
Seeing as I had to remove the airbox to do the left side, I replaced that too, with a JLT cold air v2 intake. :)
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

It's a complete airbox that seals the triangle opening on the bottom and the top front edge to the hood (most don't have this)
Neighbor says it roars now, hard to tell since I'm running cats only all the way back.
Feels quicker on launches and I'm happy how it turned out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since the R/T survived Ida with minimal water intrusion I thought I'd treat it to a set of OEM splash guards. $135 for both sets, used a right angle drill so didn't have to remove the tires.
The plastic 'rivet' plugs that came with them were useless but I have a supply of 1/4" plugs always on hand so no problem.
Took about 45 minutes and they fit perfectly.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did some underhood dress up today.
Painted the water tank top with VHT plastic paint. Decided to snazz up the fuse box cover with model paint & stick on letters.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Material property Gas Electric blue

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Have a few more goodies incoming to give it some pop, updates will follow.

8341 - 8348 of 8348 Posts