Dodge Charger Forum banner
8501 - 8520 of 8533 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Figured I would try out the OEM Tools Manual Fluid extractor yesterday. Ended up with a little less than 4 quarts of transmission fluid from the NAG1, Measured what was taken out and replaced with new. Worked great and a lot less expensive than having a shop do it. No filter change but as long as I do this every 25-30K miles I should be OK.

The OEM Tools extractor comes with a small tube that will go down the transmission fill tube but however it is not long enough to extract 4 quarts of fluid. Solution was to go to Lowes and get rubber tubing that fit tight to the supplied tube and used loctite super glue to make sure they would not separate. Let the Loctite dry overnight. (I then submerged the tube into fresh trans fluid the next morning to see if the fluid would affect the bonding of the two tubes, Could not pull them apart.)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Figured I would try out the OEM Tools Manual Fluid extractor yesterday. Ended up with a little less than 4 quarts of transmission fluid from the NAG1, Measured what was taken out and replaced with new. Worked great and a lot less expensive than having a shop do it. No filter change but as long as I do this every 25-30K miles I should be OK.

The OEM Tools extractor comes with a small tube that will go down the transmission fill tube but however it is not long enough to extract 4 quarts of fluid. Solution was to go to Lowes and get rubber tubing that fit tight to the supplied tube and used loctite super glue to make sure they would not separate. Let the Loctite dry overnight. (I then submerged the tube into fresh trans fluid the next morning to see if the fluid would affect the bonding of the two tubes, Could not pull them apart.)
I would suggest fluid change every 30K yes, but at min every 60K do a filter.

Reactions: tacamo01

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
183 Posts
So I'm sitting at a red light and just as it turns green this camaro goes past me. I, of course, step on it "a little" was in sport mode already so why not right? Ohhh look ahead the next light turns red and we are at the line. I wasn't sure if he had a V8 or V6 but I didn't care I was ready to have some fun ;) Light turns green! and he didn't even move!! hahaha I was of course on it. Then he changes lanes behind me to turn at the same place I did! Why did he go around me in the first place (or attempt to) was what I was thinking :unsure::unsure: Well, I guess I scared him because he just got in the lane he should of stayed in! haha The morale of the story is Don't write checks ya ass can't cash!! hahahah Hope you are all enjoying your Chargers!!

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
363 Posts
Even better when you're challenged on a road you know is 'watched', as happened to me.
Hellcat Challenger, he kept pulling alongside and blipping the throttle.
Knew I couldn't beat him but played along just enough for him to floor it and vanish over the hill.
About a mile ahead I drove past him on the shoulder "explaining" it to the officer. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I intimdate everyone into losing any race before they even begin. And all I have is a stock-ish 5.7 and some extra bits on the car lol.

Reactions: SXTME

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Finished up the LAST two cosmetic things on the Daytona. Vicrez rear diffuser for the 2011-2014 with quad or regular exhausts. Smoked headlight covers from GTS Styling. Headlights looked like crap with wind damage and after two trys to buff and polish using two different kits I got the covers. $89 vs $500+ for new headlights. You can actually see pretty good at night with these. If the car was not black I would have gone with the new headlight. Gives it a sinister look.

Car is complete after shelling out $$ for the interior last year.
Wheel Tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
183 Posts
Even better when you're challenged on a road you know is 'watched', as happened to me.
Hellcat Challenger, he kept pulling alongside and blipping the throttle.
Knew I couldn't beat him but played along just enough for him to floor it and vanish over the hill.
About a mile ahead I drove past him on the shoulder "explaining" it to the officer. :)
You could of slowed down a little and "blipped" the throttle and then waved 😊 Hmmm maybe the cop would of frowned upon that! ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Finished up the LAST two cosmetic things on the Daytona. Vicrez rear diffuser for the 2011-2014 with quad or regular exhausts. Smoked headlight covers from GTS Styling. Headlights looked like crap with wind damage and after two trys to buff and polish using two different kits I got the covers. $89 vs $500+ for new headlights. You can actually see pretty good at night with these. If the car was not black I would have gone with the new headlight. Gives it a sinister look.

Car is complete after shelling out $$ for the interior last year. View attachment 125909 View attachment 125910 View attachment 125911
Your car looks awesome! Now you just need to do something about that steering wheel!! 😊

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Forgot that I had two other items ordered for the Daytona. I ordered them over a month ago but due to shipping and supply I just got the front splitter for the SRT8 style front bumper. $109 and it is High Quality ABS and comes painted in gloss black. The other item I am still waiting on. MOPAR wind deflectors for the windows, also gloss black.

The splitter for the front is cheap but flexible. I comes with 8 screws and no double sided tape. Also the holes they pre-drilled allows the screw to slide in so when you go to screw it onto the bumper it is not a very tight fit. I prefer a very small hole on both the splitter and bumper. So I got the smallest drill bit out and made new holes and added double sided tape all around. I ended up using about 12 screws and loctite. No rods with this one. I just don't like the look of silver rods hanging onto the splitter and fascia.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: NJMOPAR and CE9311
8501 - 8520 of 8533 Posts