Dodge Charger Forum banner
8521 - 8540 of 8572 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Replaced the transmission hump side panels, plus installed a Billet Technology oil filler cap cover to reflect the oil weight I'm using.
Car Vehicle Gear shift White Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas
Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Bicycle part

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Replaced the transmission hump side panels, plus installed a Billet Technology oil filler cap cover to reflect the oil weight I'm using.
Hey, my transmission hump side panel looks just like yours before you fixed it. I was going to try super glue but do not think it would hold long. Where did you get the panel?

How hard was it to replace?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey, my transmission hump side panel looks just like yours before you fixed it. I was going to try super glue but do not think it would hold long. Where did you get the panel?

How hard was it to replace?
It wasn't tough to replace, but first I had to remove the shift knob and shift plate. Removing the panel took some effort, but it came off once I pulled hard enough. Installation was much easier. Just make sure the prongs on the panel line up with the slots, and pound it in place with the heel of your hand.

You probably already know this, but you can release the shifter from park even though the car is turned off. There's a lever beneath the phone holder on the right side of the shift plate. Just lift out the holder from the plate. Use a screwdriver or similar item to depress the orange button/tab in the left side of the opening, and you can move the shifter back, making it easier to remove and reinstall.

The panel came from a dealer, dropped shipped to me by National Speed, whose tow truck driver didn't know about taking the car out of park with the engine not running, and messed up both panels trying to figure it out.

You should be able to source it from any Dodge dealer, I'd think.

Reactions: tacamo01

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thanks, That is a lot of help!

Reactions: MtnRT

·
100k Mile Club
2012 Rallye Blacktop
11,827 Posts
5 windshields?
Do you have enemies?
lol.....no, and that includes the one that came on it from the factory. The car is 10 years old with +215k miles and in until this past December it was my daily it's entire existance. I drive 80 miles or so round trip for work everyday and every so often the dump trucks on the interstate get me...lol. In FL there is no charge to get it replaced with insurance.

·
Registered
932 Posts
$4,300 later and the Pursuit has a Reman Transmission installed.

Yes it's a stock unit.
Yes I sadly paid some one else to install it.

And yes I realize I could have done it for cheaper myself with a better transmission.

But I am at the point of rather liking the idea of a 3 year unlimited mileage warrenty over me having to deal with it considering the road trips I have been taking (6K+ miles).

8521 - 8540 of 8572 Posts