Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to install my Fore Precision fuel rails and I want to make sure I have all the components I need.
I have the FP fuel rails and they came with 2 plugs. I also have the BMC fuel line upgrade kit with the FP attatchment.
Im basicly worried about the open ends on the FP rails.. Am I supposed to have some cross overs or something? They didnt come with any..

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
"Pull fuse #6 in the trunk. Then crank the ignition to relieve pressure in the fuel system. You will need a fuel coupling release tool. Release the injector clips and unplug each injector. The rails are bolted down to the manifold. After you undo the rail from the fuel line and undo the bolts that hold it on, just raise it straight up. The injectors will come off attached to the rail. You will need to transfer the injectors to the new rails. Make sure none of the injector o-rings got stuck down in the bore of the manifold. Once you transfer the injectors over, clip them on. The 6.1 crossover line has to be bent slightly to fit onto the manifold. Mine came pre-bent so I can't comment on how to do it. After everything is bolted back down and the injectors are plugged back in, it should fire right up. Be sure to replace the fuse in the trunk."

I pulled this off of another thread about switching 6.1 fuel for the 5.7. Maybe some info is useful.

Post some pics of that beast when you are done.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
You should have some end caps for the front of those rails, so we'll get a pair sent out to you on Monday.

Reactions: KwChico305

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, thanks so much Lisa. Love your customer service! Key to a good business and to keep people coming back! Reps to you!

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do I use my existing cross over from my 5.7?
You guys think I would see any performance gains by installing the FP rails, stage 1 injectors? I think my stock 5.7 injectors are way past their limit.
Pushing around 380rwhp

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
"Pull fuse #6 in the trunk. Then crank the ignition to relieve pressure in the fuel system. You will need a fuel coupling release tool. Release the injector clips and unplug each injector. The rails are bolted down to the manifold. After you undo the rail from the fuel line and undo the bolts that hold it on, just raise it straight up. The injectors will come off attached to the rail. You will need to transfer the injectors to the new rails. Make sure none of the injector o-rings got stuck down in the bore of the manifold. Once you transfer the injectors over, clip them on. The 6.1 crossover line has to be bent slightly to fit onto the manifold. Mine came pre-bent so I can't comment on how to do it. After everything is bolted back down and the injectors are plugged back in, it should fire right up. Be sure to replace the fuse in the trunk."

I pulled this off of another thread about switching 6.1 fuel for the 5.7. Maybe some info is useful.

Post some pics of that beast when you are done.
Good info bro.....:TU:

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Could you go with 6.1 injectors? are they bigger? I bet someone here has some they are not using as there are a few Stroked out 6.1's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So do I use my existing cross over from my 5.7?
You guys think I would see any performance gains by installing the FP rails, stage 1 injectors? I think my stock 5.7 injectors are way past their limit.
Pushing around 380rwhp

You will not be able to use your stock cross over as the aftermarket fuel rails are fed from the rear ( do not know why they provide front fuel supply as stock supply is either mid or rear i.e. 5.7/6.1 ) If the fuel rails did not come with caps for the front then you need to contact vendor for them. with your current set up ( listed) 6.1 injectors should more than suffice ( not sure what your future mods are but in either case you will need your tune scaled for whatever injectors you plan on using above stock)

Bill

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
With your heads and cam you should probably upgrade injectors to the 6.1's

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see that they are feed from the back, but Im pretty sure I need some kind of crossover to get to the other rail. The fuel line bmc provided me with has only one end for one rail. How do I get the fuel to the other rail?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I see that they are feed from the back, but Im pretty sure I need some kind of crossover to get to the other rail. The fuel line bmc provided me with has only one end for one rail. How do I get the fuel to the other rail?

Sounds like you have the wrong setup , should have rear crossover ( usually braided line w/ bango fittings on each end) and a fitting for the fuel supply not sure how there particular is setup

Bill

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info bill. Always a help.
Im pretty sure im missing a rear crossover also. Ill let Lisa from SpeedLogix know and im sure she will send one out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts