Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I saw a Trinity 2 tuner for sale here and wanted to buy it and found a buyer for my intune i2 how can i make sure both are erased so the one im buying and the one im selling are unmarried and ready to be plug and play?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
To unmarry the i2 from your car ...
Select Tune Vehicle from the main menu and select Restore Backup from the next menu. This will restore the stock tune to the vehicle and release the vehicle license. The i2 can now be used on another vehicle.
The owner of the Trinity should do the same to unmarry the Trinity from their car so that you can use it on your car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To unmarry the i2 from your car ...
Select Tune Vehicle from the main menu and select Restore Backup from the next menu. This will restore the stock tune to the vehicle and release the vehicle license. The i2 can now be used on another vehicle.
The owner of the Trinity should do the same to unmarry the Trinity from their car so that you can use it on your car.
Thank you I was told that but then when I went to diablosports website i saw it said they reset the tuner for $125 or so over the phone so that made me skeptical. Im guessing thats for people who bought tuners that weren’t unmarried properly ?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
DiabloSport can reset the tuner if you have one that's married to another car or the dealership reflashed over your DiabloSport tune or custom tune ... but DiabloSport charges you a fee. Always restore the stock tune prior to selling the tuner or when taking the car in for service where the dealership may update the PCM (e.g. when the car is still under original factory warranty). This will properly unmarry the tuner and you will not need the tuner reset.

Reactions: kiara2012

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that clear up much appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Diablosport may charge you for resetting a used tuner married to another vehicle, however if it's the dealership who flashed over your tune and you have documentation (a receipt) to prove it then Diablosport will send you the code to reset your tuner for free. This happened to me last year when I took my car in for the alternator recall and they ended up frying my PCM at the dealership. I contacted Diablosport and they were extremely helpful. Had my tuner back up and communicating in no time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts