Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome from Virginia! I like the comfort and performance. Don’t have anything to say that’s worse about it except it’s a pain to have to find a parking spot where it won’t get a door ding. Almost 7 years and 136,600 miles on it in with no dings! Love my Charger...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. I agree with BilletAG, comfort and performance. I have the 6 cylinder. I have 128000 on mine in 4 years. Can't say there are any negatives. Can't say I've had any luck with the dings. They seem to seek me out. Love my Charger!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Welcome from Colo! Agree with BilletAG, one of the best cars I've ever owned! Everything about it from the creature comforts, to how it drives, to the look, to the performance! For me there really isn't any bad with owning Chargers...except for me the gas lol...as I drive mine like I stole it almost every time I get in her! Still miss my '14 R/T as that car gave me a lot of great memories!

#MOPARORNOCAR!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
For me, the worst part has been the (so far unrepairable) rattles and clunks. Never experienced anything like it before.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Love the performance as well as the safety, which is a hard combo for manufacturers to get right. I owned a Mustang that was fast (Hellcat fast), but I always knew if I wrecked it, it would not go well for me or my car. My Charger is fast enough to be fun, but holds the road well and can take a hard hit and keep on going. (Sadly, found that out when an asshat hit me a few months ago). 70K on my AWD RT Plus, and no mechanical/ repair issues beyond that idiot hitting me. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me, the worst part has been the (so far unrepairable) rattles and clunks. Never experienced anything like it before.
Mine does a little bit also, but the feel behind the wheel to drive it got me. Very additive to drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got a 2012 SE. Best thing about it is it's functionality in regard to technology as well as speed. Even for a v6 that falls 8 short of 300hp it has enough get-up-and-go to satisfy (if you care about your wallet with gas). Love the space it has and, being one of the 2011-14 models, it has this mean stance that a 15-current v6 just falls flat on.

Worst thing about it? Kinda hard to come up with something, but I would say the thing that annoys me most is rear visibility. Can't see the ass of the car off of ANY mirror which can make it hard when reversing from parked. It's the one thing that I really had to get used to coming from a stubby 03 jeep liberty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The backup camera was a must for me. I was lucky enough to get a sxt plus blacktop under 10,000.

I'm worried lost about driving in the rain. Hydroplaned all over the road at 60mph!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2012 SXT Plus new in Jan 2012 with 85k miles now. I love the look, the comfort especially on long road trips, the fact that I can pile in all our luggage and still have plenty of room, and that I get pretty decent MPG on the highway on regular gas (I've hit 33 mpg actual, not on-board computer). I wish it handled a little better on cornering but its a big car, so there's only so good that's going to be. Things I don't like are the nagging things that go wonky every so often, like the steering wheel controls not working sometimes unless you smack it a few times. I had a bluetooth module go out, and I had two alternators crap out on me... got one paid for by Dodge when I wrote the CEO, the second on the recall that should have been there in the first place. I had some front control arm bushings wear out too which was disappointing since I don't push it THAT hard. With all the electronics and nagging things like the steering wheel, I'm tempted to buy an extended warranty on my next car... which may be one of the new AWD Chargers once they come out with the sport hood and other changes this year. Going to move to Colorado in a couple of years... I've driven mine in snow and it sucks, so AWD is the way to go. All in all, I love my car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts