Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
The backup camera was a must for me. I was lucky enough to get a sxt plus blacktop under 10,000.

I'm worried lost about driving in the rain. Hydroplaned all over the road at 60mph!
Hydroplaning probably due to tires but also depends on the depth of the water on the roadway. Get some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3. I got some for winter tires that I put on different wheels and they actually made my car seem like it had more pep and better handling than my Continental Extreme Summer tires.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll start out with negatives of my 2017 Daytona RT since there are so few! I came from a Focus ST that I had for 5 years. That thing was like a fast gocart, incredibly easy to toss it around corners. I ran thru brakes and tires about every 20k miles! So the negative is that it's no a Focus ST! The only other thing was the halogen headlights; I say WAS because I replaced them with HID's and they work incredibly well in the projector housing in the Charger.
Positives; unlike some here, I have zero rattles or creaks, even over very rough roads. It feels like it's a solid hunk of billet aluminum. As for reliability, in 30k miles I have just had one issue that was fixed under warranty; the trunk wouldn't open unless I crawled into the trunk from inside and pulled the little handle. Otherwise, it's been flawless.
The Uconnect system seems perfect to me. It's easy and almost flawless; I say that because twice it has locked up without me knowing after I shut the car off. This resulted in a dead battery in the morning both times. It's still better than the Focus system which was buggy and slow.
The ergonomics are perfect for me. It's sometimes the little things that bug you the most. In the focus, the edge of the door frame stuck out behind the driver's arm rest and it would hit my funny bone at least once a week. I just realized last week that I have no such problem with my Charger.
Hydroplaning is more a function of tires than the car, and my original tires were pretty good. I needed tires at 30k so I took a chance on Atturo AZ859 tires in the 275/40R20 size and so far I love them. Better traction all around than the factory all-seasons, including in the rain.
Oh, gas mileage; I have a tazer, and if I put it in economy mode I can get an indicated 30mpg on a trip if I keep my foot out of it. In town, about 13-16 indicated.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts