Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new GT for almost a month now and have jokingly been calling it Beast Mode to my wife after recently installing a Pedal Commander (PC31) that turns the gas pedal from a bowl of cream of wheat into a NOS pedal! (I watched Fast and Furious today...lol) Seriously though.... if you're like me and can't afford the V8 or the $5.00/gallon gas required to power it, one of the best mods you can do to your V6 if you want that feel of instant acceleration in every gear, is to get a Pedal Commander

My Mopar CAI will be here on 6/16/22 and can't wait to see what kind of difference it makes to the sound of the engine and maybe a small increase in acceleration/HP. Compared to the stock intake, it will immediately improve the look of the engine bay!

After being quoted $800 - $1,000 to install custom vinyl racing stripes, I spent the last 3 weeks on YouTube learning about knifeless tape, squeegees, 70% Isopropyl alcohol, micro-fiber towels, how to tape the car for the stripes and the overall process the wrap shop was going to do, and have decided to do them myself. I spent $140.00 for a 5' x 10' sheet of 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey vinyl and roughly $50.00 for the supplies I'll need. Waiting for a day that it isn't 100° outside to install them.

I had that same wrap shop wrap the mirrors & rear spoiler in satin black to create the blacktop look that my 2018 SXT had on it, and I tinted the rear tail lights and side markers to add to the blackout look.

Curious to know what others have named their Chargers???
Any other must have mods?

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Land vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive design Automotive fuel system Car Hood Automotive air manifold
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior
Rectangle Gas Gadget Electronics accessory Font
Font Gas Electronic device Communication Device Metal
Light Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part
Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Air travel Gauge

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2011 Pursuit vehicle…my wife told me that the vehicle was “a she” so I named her Miss Piggy!

i bought her with a camshaft issue… so I..

1) updated a camshaft to a stage 1
2) lifters and new valve springs
3) shorty headers
4) CAI
5) SOS ignition coils with tapped dissolute of .065
6) a bunch of aesthetic upgrades (LED lights and such.)

unfortunately…. When I bought her, I only drove her home (and not around) because I didn’t want to do any additional damage…. So she’s running nice now but I don’t have a pre-mod comparison.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im rocking a 2013 RT Plus AWD. It was almost bone stock except the scat pack stage 1 kit and a pedal commander.
Since then i have done;
1) hid conversion sequential head lights (2015+ drl style)
2) hellcat spoiler with wicker bill add-on and spoiler bars
3) full rgb underglow kit
4) Rear Window Louver
5) 5% tint back windows 15% tint front windows
6) iridium spark plugs
7) strut tower brace [single bar]
8) splash guards
9) front splitter
10) Running on some Nitto NT421Q

I named him GHOST not only because it can disappear at night, but because Ive had Dungeon Ghost as a online handle for years now.

Big plans in the future for the Ghost;
-comp cam swap
-392 long tube headers with downpipe and 3in straight pipe
-baer big brake kit (14in rotor)
-bc racing coilovers
-20x9 wheels on front (nitto nt555 g2 245/45zr20 103w), 20x10.5 wheels on back (nitto nt555 g2 275/40zr20 106w)
-hp custom tune
-viper/sniper hood
-procharger at 5lb boost
-transmission re-gearing
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Plant Car

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
54 Posts
I got my first Charger (first Dodge for that matter) this past October.

As for the car’s name, I’m in sales/marketing of fresh produce. I’m vegetable nerdy enough to know the botanical family tomatoes belong to, so the car got its name – Nightshade.

Mods? Nothing performance-wise as I quickly found the R/T to be plenty potent in stock form. Only thing (and this is a stretch) “performance” was the car was delivered with almost-bald, mismatched, Chinese tires. Swapped those out for new Continentals in a hurry.

Previous owner had blacked out all the windows (20% at least). Had the windows stripped and retinted with street-legal ceramic tint – so something to block the heat that my old eyes can actually see through.

Factory sidemarkers were wrapped in that same too-dark tint. Replaced with Diode Dynamics smoked LED sidemarkers.

While I was at it, replaced all the interior bulbs with Diode Dynamics LEDs. The grey interior makes the car a cave inside – the LEDs fixed that to a tee.

Lastly – full-sized spare, jack, and tools from Modern Spare.

That’s probably all I’ll do. This is my daily driver as well as my business car. As it sits, I can arrive to pick up colleagues or clients for an event or just cruise on the weekend – and wouldn’t look out of place either way. Got to love these Chargers.

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my first Charger (first Dodge for that matter) this past October.

As for the car’s name, I’m in sales/marketing of fresh produce. I’m vegetable nerdy enough to know the botanical family tomatoes belong to, so the car got its name – Nightshade.

Mods? Nothing performance-wise as I quickly found the R/T to be plenty potent in stock form. Only thing (and this is a stretch) “performance” was the car was delivered with almost-bald, mismatched, Chinese tires. Swapped those out for new Continentals in a hurry.

Previous owner had blacked out all the windows (20% at least). Had the windows stripped and retinted with street-legal ceramic tint – so something to block the heat that my old eyes can actually see through.

Factory sidemarkers were wrapped in that same too-dark tint. Replaced with Diode Dynamics smoked LED sidemarkers.

While I was at it, replaced all the interior bulbs with Diode Dynamics LEDs. The grey interior makes the car a cave inside – the LEDs fixed that to a tee.

Lastly – full-sized spare, jack, and tools from Modern Spare.

That’s probably all I’ll do. This is my daily driver as well as my business car. As it sits, I can arrive to pick up colleagues or clients for an event or just cruise on the weekend – and wouldn’t look out of place either way. Got to love these Chargers.

View attachment 126244
Very nice! And the name is pretty cool and definitely unique...I doubt anyone in this forum would have guessed it was named after a tomatoe's botanical family.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have a '22, but my Charger is named #GreyWolf. It has a low key pretty much all gray theme. And, I coach volleyball for a team with the Wolfpack (wolf) as a mascot. So, #greywolf seemed to fit.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had my new GT for almost a month now and have jokingly been calling it Beast Mode to my wife after recently installing a Pedal Commander (PC31) that turns the gas pedal from a bowl of cream of wheat into a NOS pedal! (I watched Fast and Furious today...lol) Seriously though.... if you're like me and can't afford the V8 or the $5.00/gallon gas required to power it, one of the best mods you can do to your V6 if you want that feel of instant acceleration in every gear, is to get a Pedal Commander

My Mopar CAI will be here on 6/16/22 and can't wait to see what kind of difference it makes to the sound of the engine and maybe a small increase in acceleration/HP. Compared to the stock intake, it will immediately improve the look of the engine bay!

After being quoted $800 - $1,000 to install custom vinyl racing stripes, I spent the last 3 weeks on YouTube learning about knifeless tape, squeegees, 70% Isopropyl alcohol, micro-fiber towels, how to tape the car for the stripes and the overall process the wrap shop was going to do, and have decided to do them myself. I spent $140.00 for a 5' x 10' sheet of 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey vinyl and roughly $50.00 for the supplies I'll need. Waiting for a day that it isn't 100° outside to install them.

I had that same wrap shop wrap the mirrors & rear spoiler in satin black to create the blacktop look that my 2018 SXT had on it, and I tinted the rear tail lights and side markers to add to the blackout look.

View attachment 126212
View attachment 126213
View attachment 126220
View attachment 126221
View attachment 126214 View attachment 126215 View attachment 126216 View attachment 126217 View attachment 126218 View attachment 126219

View attachment 126212
View attachment 126213
View attachment 126220
View attachment 126221
View attachment 126214 View attachment 126215 View attachment 126216 View attachment 126217 View attachment 126218 View attachment 126219
Hmm. That's weird. It seems like my wife has a "pedal commander" on whatever car she drives. 🤔

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm. That's weird. It seems like my wife has a "pedal commander" on whatever car she drives. 🤔
the reason they are popular in chargers and challengers is its an electric throttle and the commander gets rid of the latency and make it feel closer to a cable throttle. definitely gives the car a different response when standing on the gas pedal or daily driving

·
Registered
888 Posts
the reason they are popular in chargers and challengers is its an electric throttle and the commander gets rid of the latency and make it feel closer to a cable throttle. definitely gives the car a different response when standing on the gas pedal or daily driving
Funny thing about those, never seen anyone run faster at the dragstrip because of one.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit
3 Posts
My car is a 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit. I am building it up as a "What if the original Mad Max was made in 2022" Interceptor tribute car.

So far the mods include:

• 2014 SRT8 Challenger front seats
  • 2018 Charger Pursuit rear seat (Close upholstery match)
  • Civilian Center Console
  • Window Tint
  • Satin black exterior
  • 2014 SRT8 front bumper
  • 2014 R/T deck lid and spoiler
  • AirAid Cold Air Intake
  • zAutomotive Tazer
  • BMR Front Strut Tower Brace
  • Main Force Patrol "Interceptor" Fender Decals
  • Police style magnetic antenna on trunk

Future Mods:
  • 2019 Hellcat Gauge Cluster (Arrives this weekend)
  • 2019 Dash Bezel (Arrives this weekend)
  • 8.4 UConnect System (Arrives this weekend)
  • SLP "Loudmouth" SRT Cat back exhaust
  • Wider Wheel and tire combo
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Don't have a call sign for her. Very smooth & quiet driver until romped and the Corsa pipes sound off but not in the cabin with me. My signature lists my mods. I had to go from 18" wheels to 20 to go over the BR9 brakes. Knowing I'll never sell her I didn't mind modding for my likes.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: NJMOPAR

·
Registered
888 Posts
2011 Former GA State Patrol Night-Hawks DUI unit. Bought with 113K miles, currently sits around 174K.

Currently Low-Key Umbrella Corporation Theme (Resident Evil)

• Challenger Non-MDS cam
  • Non-MDS Lifters
  • HemiFever 91 Octane Tune
  • 6.4 Dual Runner Intake with MSD Switch to open SRV @ 4800rpms
  • 6.4 Radiator (much thicker core for higher capacity for heat management)
  • FlowMaster FlowFX Cat-Back system
  • 2013 RB5 (w/ Nav) 8.4 Uconnect with SRT pages, Travel Link, and Live Traffic.
  • 2014 Maserati Ghibli Bluetooth module (it makes calls faster than standard bluetooth module (j/k)
  • Factory Foglight Install
  • Mishimoto Transmission By-pass block for T-stat
  • B&M Deep Sump Transmission pan (currently uninstalled on the new Transmission due to warranty)
  • 2015+ Cluster Swap with Bezel
  • Uniden Bearcat 885 CB and Scanner coupled with a Stryker SR-A10 Antenna
  • Homemade HellCat* inspired grille Ram Air / Induction tube into airbox
  • Best 1/8 mile time 8.782 @ 80.73mph 2.020 60 foot (not SRT pages but actual Track)

Does not take it easy. Well over 90+ passes at my local 1/8 Strip. Countless Tail of the Dragon Trips. Has been out west on 6K mile road trips twice now without issues. One of them spent Pushing a race car around. This year she goes to get her very own Bonneville SaltFlats speed slip. (130mph club)

Car has rough body. Dents, Dings, Bad paint and body work. One hella scrape where friend back it into my mailbox. I would give it a 5-6 out of 10. However she is really photogenic.

Wheel Tire Mountain Car Sky

Wheel Train Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Sky Cloud Vehicle Tire Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Speaking of Mad Max, you may like my Engraving on my PDC box.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2011 Former GA State Patrol Night-Hawks DUI unit. Bought with 113K miles, currently sits around 174K.

Currently Low-Key Umbrella Corporation Theme (Resident Evil)

• Challenger Non-MDS cam
  • Non-MDS Lifters
  • HemiFever 91 Octane Tune
  • 6.4 Dual Runner Intake with MSD Switch to open SRV @ 4800rpms
  • 6.4 Radiator (much thicker core for higher capacity for heat management)
  • FlowMaster FlowFX Cat-Back system
  • 2013 RB5 (w/ Nav) 8.4 Uconnect with SRT pages, Travel Link, and Live Traffic.
  • 2014 Maserati Ghibli Bluetooth module (it makes calls faster than standard bluetooth module (j/k)
  • Factory Foglight Install
  • Mishimoto Transmission By-pass block for T-stat
  • B&M Deep Sump Transmission pan (currently uninstalled on the new Transmission due to warranty)
  • 2015+ Cluster Swap with Bezel
  • Uniden Bearcat 885 CB and Scanner coupled with a Stryker SR-A10 Antenna
  • Homemade HellCat* inspired grille Ram Air / Induction tube into airbox
  • Best 1/8 mile time 8.782 @ 80.73mph 2.020 60 foot (not SRT pages but actual Track)

Does not take it easy. Well over 90+ passes at my local 1/8 Strip. Countless Tail of the Dragon Trips. Has been out west on 6K mile road trips twice now without issues. One of them spent Pushing a race car around. This year she goes to get her very own Bonneville SaltFlats speed slip. (130mph club)

Car has rough body. Dents, Dings, Bad paint and body work. One hella scrape where friend back it into my mailbox. I would give it a 5-6 out of 10. However she is really photogenic.

View attachment 126256

View attachment 126257

View attachment 126258

View attachment 126259

View attachment 126260

View attachment 126261

View attachment 126262

Speaking of Mad Max, you may like my Engraving on my PDC box.

View attachment 126263
VERY NICE! Absolutely love the A-10 Warthog pic.... and you're right... she's is very photogenic. Curious if those were professional photos or just really good amateur photos?

I'm installing the Mopar CAI this weekend and plan on adding custom racing stripes using 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey vinyl on my Granite Crystal paint on Monday. After weeks of watching YouTube vids on how to use knifeless tape and wrapping cars, I'm pretty confident I can do this!

I'll post before/after pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car is a 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit. I am building it up as a "What if the original Mad Max was made in 2022" Interceptor tribute car.

So far the mods include:
  • 2014 SRT8 Challenger front seats
  • 2018 Charger Pursuit rear seat (Close upholstery match)
  • Civilian Center Console
  • Window Tint
  • Satin black exterior
  • 2014 SRT8 front bumper
  • 2014 R/T deck lid and spoiler
  • AirAid Cold Air Intake
  • zAutomotive Tazer
  • BMR Front Strut Tower Brace
  • Main Force Patrol "Interceptor" Fender Decals
  • Police style magnetic antenna on trunk

Future Mods:
  • 2019 Hellcat Gauge Cluster (Arrives this weekend)
  • 2019 Dash Bezel (Arrives this weekend)
  • 8.4 UConnect System (Arrives this weekend)
  • SLP "Loudmouth" SRT Cat back exhaust
  • Wider Wheel and tire combo
View attachment 126252
Nice.... is that a wrap or paint? Like the Satin look!

·
Registered
888 Posts
VERY NICE! Absolutely love the A-10 Warthog pic.... and you're right... she's is very photogenic. Curious if those were professional photos or just really good amateur photos?

I'm installing the Mopar CAI this weekend and plan on adding custom racing stripes using 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey vinyl on my Granite Crystal paint on Monday. After weeks of watching YouTube vids on how to use knifeless tape and wrapping cars, I'm pretty confident I can do this!

I'll post before/after pics.
Mixture. The photos taken at the (last two) Dragon's Tail were Pro Shot and paid for. (KillBoy, US129Photos etc etc.)

Others were taken by non pros. The Saltflats photo clearly wasn't me, but friend using a DSLR I had for the event. The rest I did take. Having driven a badly painted Eagle Vision for 18+ years I got really good at making up for the body with nicely composed shots.

Here are some more taken by me cause I like hijacking threads and showing them.

This one was a total fluke. I just felt like going for a drive. And it timed out perfect.
Cloud Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Car Snow Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Wheel Train Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle Car

In this one you can tell car hadn't been cleaned prior to the shoot. Dirt on side. I left work early so I could get these in while light was still good.

Cloud Sky Vehicle Aircraft Wheel

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

Vehicle Sky Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer

Sky Tire Hood Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mixture. The photos taken at the (last two) Dragon's Tail were Pro Shot and paid for. (KillBoy, US129Photos etc etc.)

Others were taken by non pros. The Saltflats photo clearly wasn't me, but friend using a DSLR I had for the event. The rest I did take. Having driven a badly painted Eagle Vision for 18+ years I got really good at making up for the body with nicely composed shots.

Here are some more taken by me cause I like hijacking threads and showing them.

This one was a total fluke. I just felt like going for a drive. And it timed out perfect.
View attachment 126264

View attachment 126265
View attachment 126274

View attachment 126266

View attachment 126267

In this one you can tell car hadn't been cleaned prior to the shoot. Dirt on side. I left work early so I could get these in while light was still good.

View attachment 126268
View attachment 126269

View attachment 126270

View attachment 126272

View attachment 126273
Hijack as many of my threads as you want! As someone who considers himself a closet amateur photographer, I can't wait to get my GT looking the way I want so I can try to create my own shots, hopefully as good as yours... unfortunately, in West Texas, I won't have the same back ground when I "go for a drive" but we do have some pretty spectacular sunsets.

Not sure how you would pull it off, but a pic of your car behind another car on the side of the road with a state trooper standing next to the front car would be cool!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hijack as many of my threads as you want! As someone who considers himself a closet amateur photographer, I can't wait to get my GT looking the way I want so I can try to create my own shots, hopefully as good as yours... unfortunately, in West Texas, I won't have the same back ground when I "go for a drive" but we do have some pretty spectacular sunsets.

Not sure how you would pull it off, but a pic of your car behind another car on the side of the road with a state trooper standing next to the front car would be cool!
I do have a buddy whose a GA state trooper........ Been meaning to get a shot of something. Of course he has newer body style with two tone blue grey.

Now, Here is something that I do not forsee many other people ever getting. I took some good friends out to the Dragon's Tail and showed them waterfall I always get photos at. And come Christmas I got a hand made gift from his wife.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do have a buddy whose a GA state trooper........ Been meaning to get a shot of something. Of course he has newer body style with two tone blue grey.

Now, Here is something that I do not forsee many other people ever getting. I took some good friends out to the Dragon's Tail and showed them waterfall I always get photos at. And come Christmas I got a hand made gift from his wife.

View attachment 126280

View attachment 126281
That's definitely a special unique gift! The best I can do is throw some filters on a few pics of my GT.

After seeing your pics from the Dragon's Tail, I think I've just added a new item to my bucket list!
It's only a 1,200 mile/18 hr drive for me.
Car Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 47 Posts