Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Based on the blue color of the Mopar CAI logo & air filter, and my recent YouTube lessons on vinyl wrapping, I thought I might carry on that blue theme in the engine compartment, wrapping a few elements in the colors below, since I'll already have the 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey left over from my racing stripes.

The suspension covers, PDC lid, Charger cover by the hood release lever and entire engine cover will be wrapped in the Avery Satin Dark Blue.

The vertical and horizontal ribs on the engine cover will be wrapped in the 3M Satin Dark Grey and I plan on cutting away the Dark Blue vinyl to reveal the 3.6L VVT letters in their original color.

I would appreciate any feedback this forum has to offer though.

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive design Automotive air manifold Gas

Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
887 Posts
That's definitely a special unique gift! The best I can do is throw some filters on a few pics of my GT.

After seeing your pics from the Dragon's Tail, I think I've just added a new item to my bucket list!
It's only a 1,200 mile/18 hr drive for me.
TOTD is only two hours from me. So I always offer if anyone comes down let me know when and I'll join! Some good food out there! Also helps to have an old cop car riding behind you on your first go through as no one expects you to go fast!

It is also super fun at night

Reactions: Mikecab1

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
54 Posts
@Mikecab1 There are a TON of good roads in the area - The Dragon has the best marketing ;) but do yourself a favor and explore whilst in the area. Lots to see. :)

The Cherohala Skyway is in the same area. Not to be missed.

And as @CE9311 indicated, there are photographers set up all over the place. They'll snap your picture as you roll past - and have a sign or banner with their website. Sure, you can download a free thumbnail with the photographer's watermark on it...but the pictures are high-quality and reasonably priced for what they are. I mean...where else will you be able to get a picture of yourself like this? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Funny thing about those, never seen anyone run faster at the dragstrip because of one.
yeah. to my knowledge it hardly makes a difference. there is a lag from the pedal but a pedal commander isnt gonna shave a second of your 1/4 or anything. i can understand maybe .1-.2 seconds better but nothing crazy

·
Registered
887 Posts
@Mikecab1 There are a TON of good roads in the area - The Dragon has the best marketing ;) but do yourself a favor and explore whilst in the area. Lots to see. :)

The Cherohala Skyway is in the same area. Not to be missed.

And as @CE9311 indicated, there are photographers set up all over the place. They'll snap your picture as you roll past - and have a sign or banner with their website. Sure, you can download a free thumbnail with the photographer's watermark on it...but the pictures are high-quality and reasonably priced for what they are. I mean...where else will you be able to get a picture of yourself like this? ;)
I always take the Skyway! However to me the Skyway requires more out of the car than the Dragon as there is higher speeds so having good brakes is a HUGE must. I typically take 74 out to rte 38 through reliance, which dumps me out in Telico Plains right at the start of the Skyway (143)

Reactions: ISellSquash

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE
Here's an update on the Mopar CAI & custom racing stripe installation...

I installed the Mopar CAI on Fri morning (6/17/22) and learned that even though you may think you know what your doing based on watching YouTube videos, you should still at least open the instructions and take a look at them.

Overall, turned out pretty good and was a relatively easy install... with a few hiccups due to me not looking at the installation instructions until AFTER I was done. A few lessons learned below....
Grille Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

#1. The straight tube has an end with a slight bend to it... that end connects to the air box end... mine is currently connected to the bent tube end...I do plan on flipping it soon.
Newspaper Font Office supplies Auto part News

Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

#2. The factory intake has a rubber grommet on the support post that snaps onto the black plastic post screwed onto one of the valve cover bolts... the Mopar CAI support post doesn't line up with that valve cover bolt. After trying to unscrew the valve cover bolt that had the post on it in an attempt to move it forward to line up with Mopar support post, only to find out those bolts will loosen but not pull out, I decided I wouldn't connect the Mopar support post to anything as it felt very sturdy as is. As you can see below, the Mopar support post is intended to slide under the valve cover bolt and not plug into the factory support post via the grommet.
Gesture Font Adaptation Tints and shades Art

Font Tints and shades Rectangle Pattern Metal

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Car

#3. When installing the IAT sensor in the Mopar intake tube, don't push too hard, or you'll push the rubber seal into the tube.
Hood Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

Light Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part

.... continued on next post due to # of images per post restrictions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
.... continued from above.

#4. The filter connection tube inside the air box, isn't long enough to allow the air filter connection clamp to be tightened enough to prevent the air filter from constantly falling off the air box connection tube. I had to rig a support block on the inside of the air box to allow the filter to rest on, to keep it from falling off the air box connection tube.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

The instructions show a much longer connection tube than what you actually have to work with.
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design Automotive lighting

Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Font

#5. To resolve the issue of having the factory breather hose on the passenger side, I removed the factory hard plastic hose, reversed the rubber elbow connected to the back of the driver side valve cover, bought a fitting and 3 feet of heater hose and ran it directly to the filter breather fitting just inside the air box.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Crankset Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Bag Automotive design Gas

#6. When putting your hose clamps on, make sure to align them so you'll be able to access the tightening screw.
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Carbon Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Rim

.... racing stripe pics on next post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
My custom racing stripes...

12 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday and three weeks of learning on YouTube and here is the result... now I know why wrap shops charge $800.00 - $1,200 to do these! I spent ~$140.00 on the vinyl and ~$60.00 on the tools I needed.

Let me know what you think.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car
Hood Automotive tire Windscreen wiper Window Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Grille
Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Grille
Vehicle Car Tire Grille Wheel
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Next up on the mods list is to install the Carven 5" black ceramic tips this Wednesday, and to start adding the blue vinyl accents under the hood. I'm also planning on having my black Brembo calipers powder coated blue to match the blue splitters I just bought on Amazon.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Everything is good. But for love of god do not keep the splitters guards on there. They will ruin the paint and they are more of a joke now than anything else. Please Please please!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Everything is good. But for love of god do not keep the splitters guards on there. They will ruin the paint and they are more of a joke now than anything else. Please Please please!
Take them off or leave them on.... it's like Android or iPhone, Democrat or Republican....I think if you look long enough, you'll find just as many Charger owners who say to take them off as those who say to leave them on.

Out of curiosity, I took them off and wrapped them in some of the left over vinyl from my stripes and lined the inside that makes contact with the paint with some adhesive felt strips.

Still not sure if I'm leaving them on or taking them off now. :unsure:
Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
887 Posts
Take them off or leave them on.... it's like Android or iPhone, Democrat or Republican....I think if you look long enough, you'll find just as many Charger owners who say to take them off as those who say to leave them on.

Out of curiosity, I took them off and wrapped them in some of the left over vinyl from my stripes and lined the inside that makes contact with the paint with some adhesive felt strips.

Still not sure if I'm leaving them on or taking them off now. :unsure:
Well, just keep in mind dirt, sand, debris will build up between it and the paint, and will ruin it no matter what you put there.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger pursuit
27 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Auto part

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

2015 Dodge Charger Pursuit
Mods or enhancements

Center Console installed
12volt cig and USB connectors installed
Removed tint, retinted ceramic 5% all around and the windshield clear.
Installed spotlight
Installed new RINO push bar
Rear Deck Amber light bar
22 inch light mounted on push bar
Trunk lip nmo scanner antenna
Uniden SDS 200 scanner
Uniden amplified extension speaker
LED headlights
Rain guards
Muffler Delete

Any ideas on a car name?

·
Registered
69 Posts
View attachment 126363
View attachment 126362
View attachment 126361
2015 Dodge Charger Pursuit
Mods or enhancements

Center Console installed
12volt cig and USB connectors installed
Removed tint, retinted ceramic 5% all around and the windshield clear.
Installed spotlight
Installed new RINO push bar
Rear Deck Amber light bar
22 inch light mounted on push bar
Trunk lip nmo scanner antenna
Uniden SDS 200 scanner
Uniden amplified extension speaker
LED headlights
Rain guards
Muffler Delete

Any ideas on a car name?
How about the "Green Hornet" ? Do you ever get other drivers reacting to it as it's a genuine police vehicle ? It looks just like a Vermont State trooper vehicle,

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger pursuit
27 Posts
How about the "Green Hornet" ? Do you ever get other drivers reacting to it as it's a genuine police vehicle ? It looks just like a Vermont State trooper vehicle,
Yes drivers do react, it's actually a previous Broward County sheriff's vehicle. It's green from the factory as it's ordered for the dept, and then they wrap the doors white with the logo of the sheriff's department.

Green is not a standard color that can be purchased from the dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes drivers do react, it's actually a previous Broward County sheriff's vehicle. It's green from the factory as it's ordered for the dept, and then they wrap the doors white with the logo of the sheriff's department.

You'd be right at home here in Vermont, Gary. The unmarked state police cruisers look exactly like yours !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

You're the guy I'm cursing out as my blood pressure comes back down after I realize you weren't a cop and I slammed on my brakes for nothing...LOL 😅

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my new GT for almost a month now and have jokingly been calling it Beast Mode to my wife after recently installing a Pedal Commander (PC31) that turns the gas pedal from a bowl of cream of wheat into a NOS pedal! (I watched Fast and Furious today...lol) Seriously though.... if you're like me and can't afford the V8 or the $5.00/gallon gas required to power it, one of the best mods you can do to your V6 if you want that feel of instant acceleration in every gear, is to get a Pedal Commander

My Mopar CAI will be here on 6/16/22 and can't wait to see what kind of difference it makes to the sound of the engine and maybe a small increase in acceleration/HP. Compared to the stock intake, it will immediately improve the look of the engine bay!

After being quoted $800 - $1,000 to install custom vinyl racing stripes, I spent the last 3 weeks on YouTube learning about knifeless tape, squeegees, 70% Isopropyl alcohol, micro-fiber towels, how to tape the car for the stripes and the overall process the wrap shop was going to do, and have decided to do them myself. I spent $140.00 for a 5' x 10' sheet of 3M 2080 Satin Dark Grey vinyl and roughly $50.00 for the supplies I'll need. Waiting for a day that it isn't 100° outside to install them.

I had that same wrap shop wrap the mirrors & rear spoiler in satin black to create the blacktop look that my 2018 SXT had on it, and I tinted the rear tail lights and side markers to add to the blackout look.

Curious to know what others have named their Chargers???
Any other must have mods?

View attachment 126212
View attachment 126213
View attachment 126220
View attachment 126221
View attachment 126214 View attachment 126215 View attachment 126216 View attachment 126217 View attachment 126218 View attachment 126219
I have a 2011 Pursuit vehicle…my wife told me that the vehicle was “a she” so I named her Miss Piggy!

i bought her with a camshaft issue… so I..

1) updated a camshaft to a stage 1
2) lifters and new valve springs
3) shorty headers
4) CAI
5) SOS ignition coils with tapped dissolute of .065
6) a bunch of aesthetic upgrades (LED lights and such.)

unfortunately…. When I bought her, I only drove her home (and not around) because I didn’t want to do any additional damage…. So she’s running nice now but I don’t have a pre-mod comparison.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Sexy Demi the Hemi!!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts