Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of building my trunk an its gonna be awhile an i have a sub box with subs that i never threw in my car i threw the amp out in the trash but now i feel like using it lol... so i have some amp i ordered online it hitron HA-1000.1 an the fuses on the side of it are two 20 amps how do i find out exactly what size amp i use for the power wire, i prefer anl fuse but does it really matter what kind fuse you use? if someone can explain to me how to figure out what size fuse i need be great...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
all you do is add the fuse on the amp (20+20=40) so you going to need a 40 amp fuse for the power wire

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all you do is add the fuse on the amp (20+20=40) so you going to need a 40 amp fuse for the power wire
thanx now is that always the same thing even when i have multiple amps you just add all the fuses together? also to you have to have fourty amp or could i do 50?

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,733 Posts
you will need a inline fuse by the battery if you end up using two amps, do a fused distribution block with independent fuse values in it.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
yea if you have multiple amps just add all of them... any i normally like going 10amps over what is needed so a 50 will work but dont go to big

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I had a Memphis amp with four 30 amp fuses (120 amps) and I had a 100 amp fuse up front that kept blowing so I went to a 200 amp fuse and it made a world of difference! I say go with a 80 amp fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts