Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Charger Road and Track. I am looking for easy gains in HP and I do not have the type of money for forced air. So cam it is! But I would like to find one that does not require a special tune and does not make me lose the Multi-Displacement System in my car. Does anybody have an idea where I can look? While I have general knowledge of at least the HEMI, I don't have the crazy knowledge like other people do. I don't know the numbers, I don't know the big words, so if you can, please make your reply dummy proof! Please help a brotha out. Im tryna shit on the people in my city who think they're the shit for driving any V8. I know how redundant that sounds but as much as I love my car, I dont think im the coolest or fastest car out there. Im stock af besides Mopar CAI but some fool in a challenger pulled up on me and was revving it up tying to race me and I ended up taking him up on that offer and smoked him but I like to go faster and faster and faster!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
So keep in mind, you're not gonna gain an inordinate amount of power with your requirements (no tune, keep MDS); both are limiting factors, the no tune the most. MMX has a cam listed they claim works with the stock tune and MDS: 5.7 VVT HEMI NO TUNE REQUIRED NSR MDS Performance NA Camshaft by MMX
I'd give them a call or shoot them an email and tell them what you want to do.
Something that would help with acceleration but doesn't actually add power is a gear swap. Do you know what rear gears you have now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoot! Bro my bad honestly i dont even know why i said no tune. Im all for a tune. Thats my fault. I just want to make sure i keep the multi displacement system so i can ride eco when im on the highway. Again i am willing to tune i have no idea why i said that. And no i dont know what my rear gears are. Honestly i dont even know what that means😂😭. But if you can show me to the water bro i will get you whatever numbers you need. Whatever info needed lmk. I just want to keep mds tune is cool.
So keep in mind, you're not gonna gain an inordinate amount of power with your requirements (no tune, keep MDS); both are limiting factors, the no tune the most. MMX has a cam listed they claim works with the stock tune and MDS: 5.7 VVT HEMI NO TUNE REQUIRED NSR MDS Performance NA Camshaft by MMX
I'd give them a call or shoot them an email and tell them what you want to do.
Something that would help with acceleration but doesn't actually add power is a gear swap. Do you know what rear gears you have now?

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you are doing a cam loose the MDS you are much better off in the long run than the miniscule savings you'll get in fuel with it when because you kept MDS you'll be doing another rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are doing a cam loose the MDS you are much better off in the long run than the miniscule savings you'll get in fuel with it when because you kept MDS you'll be doing another rebuild.
How minuscule can it be? I see the mpg go up to around 40s sometimes 50s when im cruising on the highway. Would camming it dramatically lower my mpg? I know i sound like a pleb asking about mpg while im looking for HP gains but i just want to know everything i can know. I need to absorb as much info as i possibly can brothers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have post notifications for r/t life thats crazy lol. I just watched this rn and it took me to another video right after of 392 cam vs 270 comp cam vs stock 5.7 cam and the 392 had more HP gains that the 270. And it didnt take away MDS. Thank you guys so much for your help. 392 cam it is!! Any reccomendations? As in should i replace anything else when i replace the cam with a 392 cam?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think you oughta just keep the cam you got and get a 6.4 intake. Cheaper, and power adder where you need it (mid to low)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts