Wheels & Exhaust

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger General Discussion' started by DodgeMan, May 19, 2017.

1. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Since I probably won't purchase a new vehicle soon, I've been thinking of modifying my R/T R&T.
    Wheels I was thinking of going Hellcat replica route, non stagger and keeping the tire size the same?
    Should I go stagger? Should I change the tire size?
    I also want opinions on exhaust. I thinking most exhaust kits use the stock R/T balance and tips...?
    I also drive this thing daily in a neighbor hood so extreme loudness is not what I am after. I'd rather have something with a nice rumble hardly any drone. I want it a bit louder than stock and more so when I get on it vs. cruising. I don't want this thing giving me a headache or anyone else. What opinions do you guys have on exhaust?

2. SDTWDirect

SDTWDirect Member Platinum Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Regarding wheel and tire size: it really boils down to personal preference. Many prefer a staggered fitment for both performance and aesthetic improvement. Likewise, many prefer a square fitment to maintain routine rotations, etc. I actually spoke with a Road & Track owner yesterday who opted for square with summer performance tires due to his commute and southern location. Hopefully this helps!

Thank-you,
    -AL of SDTW Direct

//edit// Also, for a square fitment, you can also go with a 255/45R20 or 275/40R20 all-around.

3. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    I'm considering the staggered setup for both a little more grip and aesthetics. But.. I do drive alot and being able to rotate the tires has it's obvious advantages. So for now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do till i do it. I'll probably go with 275's all the way around so I get both.

As far as exhaust goes, have you tried removing the mid-muffler to see how you like that. Keeping the rear resonators, there's no drone but the car def. gets a nice rubble. If not, I personally only have an opinion on Corsa. I've had several of them on trucks and now the SRT and hands down they're one of the best for ferocious sound out the rear but no drone in the cab/car. I was lucky enough to buy a car with one already installed and ABSOLUTELY love it!

4. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into Corsa, I know they are a bit more pricier. The tires once you change the size doesn't it throw off the speedometer and mileage and other factors of the car?

5. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Yeah I was a bit curious as you quoted me over the phone for 1500, it it's actually cheaper if I order from your website... o_O
    and I must point out that was Satin I asked for which is cheaper than the Gloss Black.

Attached Files:

6. SDTWDirect

SDTWDirect Member Platinum Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Ah, is this Aaron? If so, that package on the website is the least expensive quote that I gave you over the phone for forum members. Also, that screenshot does not include freight. Lastly, I forgot to mention that the Hankook deal does have an eligible $100 rebate until the end of this month.

-AL of SDTW Direct

7. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    If you keep the overall diameter of the tires the same as OEM, it does nothing to your speedo.

8. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Yeah I may go that route as I like Hankook. On the site it says free shipping and that's for Gloss Black. I had asked for the Satin finished which on the site is listed at 1300 roughly.

So 20s is 20s so wouldn't affect anything.

9. RickAKATed10

RickAKATed10 Member Public Safety

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Hellcat replicas are common and can be found all over the internet, so cross shopping retailers to find the best price should not be too hard. And they're Hellcat style wheels, so we know they look good. For tires, if you're going to a 9" wide wheel, 275/40/20 is the typical size a lot of guys run, however 245/45/20 is also fine, and what comes stock on Scat Packs w/ 9" wide wheels.

As far as an exhaust. I went with Dynomax. Its a great bang for your buck, but if you install it on your '15, the shop will need to modify several hangers to accommodate some minor changes Dodge made to the under carriage. It works with the stock valance, but can be modified as well if you plan to go with the pursuit valance in the future, as I did.