Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting different rims and tires. Is it worth it to go down in rim size on my car from the stock 20's to 18's.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Depends on the weight of each rim..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why in the name of god would you take the 20's off, they belong on the car and they look awesome I have the same one's on my 07.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, 18's would prolly be lighter, netting you better performance in nearly every way. They will require a larger diameter wheel though, sacrificing some "looks", but they will also ride smoother.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If your not gonna drag race I say stay with the 20's and drop it. But if you want new wheels I recommend 22's or 24's. They fill up the wheel wells so well. Maybe even some new 20's with a staggered option. That will look killer!! Just some options.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been thinking about doing 18 x 8 on the front and 18 x 9.5 on the rear. Plus with the 18's there are alot more tires out there for me to pick from. Yes I do drag my car and planning to bottle feed it very soon. I would keep the stock rims on but the woman I was dating not to long ago messed up 2 of my rims (curb rash)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thats why you shoildn't lend your car out!! LOL Anyway if you drag its cool to down grade. Someone on here did slicks on the rear with 15's if I'm not mistaken but he had to change his calipers. It was a magnum though. I'll look for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been thinking about doing 18 x 8 on the front and 18 x 9.5 on the rear. Plus with the 18's there are alot more tires out there for me to pick from. Yes I do drag my car and planning to bottle feed it very soon. I would keep the stock rims on but the woman I was dating not to long ago messed up 2 of my rims (curb rash)
Dude its a numbered car, will be worth some money someday if you keep it close to stock. Just replace the 2 bad wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have everything to put it back to stock. It will be a long time from now before it will be worth money. It's a low number also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have everything to put it back to stock. It will be a long time from now before it will be worth money. It's a low number also.
Trust me time flies man seems like i was 32 a year ago I'm 43 now dude.What number you got anyway,I have 1325 my birthday and my wife's crazy luck.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Dude its a numbered car, will be worth some money someday if you keep it close to stock. Just replace the 2 bad wheels.
The beautiful thing about wheels is that they only take 5 minutes to change (IE - thats a non issue, jst store the stock wheels in the garage!).

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

Very true, but if you plan on keeping it who cares.. I am holding on to mine for a very long time, so it doesn't matter how far I mod it.. Now if you bought it as an investment, it will take years before it will be worth something any way so just have fun and do what you want to it.. Just my 2 cents..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts