Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
do you have an 8.4 inch screen already? if so all you need is the radio its self, if not they sell kits for it. but it is steep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the regular small touch-screen i guess it is the 4.3.... I need to buy a whole kit, but that's what I'm lookin for... do have an idea where I can buy such a kit? Over here in europe it is not possible as far as I know.... I'm lookin since a year for the 8.4n but cannot find it

·
Registered
947 Posts
do you have the auto temp climate control? if not, then I don't think the 8.4 will work

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
I was thinking about getting the 8.4N as well. I already have the 8.4, I just want Nav and satelite radio capabilities. Where can I buy just the radio?
You used to be able to buy them from salvage parts sites. Now they're all gone. I bought an RB5 out of a 300 and it worked, so you can try that. If you get a 2011 you won't need the secruity code but if you get a 2012 unit you will. Go for it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have a 2011 Charger Uconnect 8.4 non-navagation. Want to put 8.4n. Do I need to replace the screen and radio module or just the radio module?
Are you saying you want navgiation? That would be a RB5.

Yes all you would need is the radio unit that lives behind the HVAC control panel. I highly suggest getting atleast a 2013-2014 RB5 unit for better GUI and firmware. Notice there are no more updates to Maps past 2018 (labeled as 2020 though)

Added bonus of getting 12+ radio, SRT pages.

Also note, I am assuming you found this thread via searching. Wanted to say congrats you've done more work than many people ever do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts