Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. My first post and I need some help. I just got a new TCM due to some horrible shifting problem and I want to see if this will resolve the issue before I dreadfully have to take it in.

I have watched several videos as to how to switch it and when I took the dash panels in the drivers side under the steering wheel off...I could not locate it.

Is there anyone who can help out with this?!

Btw...it’s a 17 SXT

·
5,998 Posts
I don't know if the location has changed between 2011 and 2017, but what you describe is exactly where mine is.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I assume your 2017 has the 8-speed transmission ((8HP45)? The TCM for the 8-speed is inside the transmission. The valve body includes the TCM, all solenoids and sensors, and is referred to as the Transmission Control Module Assembly (TCMA).
The TCM for the 5-speed (NAG1, W5A580) is under the dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should try software updates before swapping the TCM. New TCM is a last resort and most likely not the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should try software updates before swapping the TCM. New TCM is a last resort and most likely not the problem.
Thanks. I did once but not from the dealer. I will call the dealer and see what they say.

I appreciate everyone here for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts