Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a project on a 2010 charger sxt yesterday, really don't know where to begin. car has been wrecked but its most body damage. motor seems intact. I had to change the power steering reservoir, and air intake resonator but car won't start. is there any where to get a free downloadable repair guide>>??????

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, although my mopars are 2011 and 2015 the have basically similar structure. Im not mechanic but i wrench my cars when something is wrong and try to fix them. Send pictures of the damage for us to have a better view where issue could be. First of all check the engine oil, (look for water or metal shaving) also to not waste time you can place the breaker bar on the crankshaft pulley bolt and try to turn the pulley in clock wise direction but first remove the belt. If it doesnt move the engine is seized. If everything is ok so far then make sure you battery has enough charge to start, around 12.6 volts needed to crank. does it crank? if it doesnt, check for ground and power connections, starter, alternator, fuse boxes, also check ecu and bcm (not sure if this will prevent from starting). if it cranks now comes to three things (air, spark, fuel) no fuel, bad or disconnected fuel pump, or disconnected coil packs. you mentioned you had to replace the power steering reservoir with is located in the passenger side of the car, i assume the car was hit there. The ABS module and pump are located nearby, if it is disconnected it might prevent from starting. As i said i am not a mechanic i am just a 17 years old kid.

· Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,736 Posts
Hi, although my mopars are 2011 and 2015 the have basically similar structure. Im not mechanic but i wrench my cars when something is wrong and try to fix them. Send pictures of the damage for us to have a better view where issue could be. First of all check the engine oil, (look for water or metal shaving) also to not waste time you can place the breaker bar on the crankshaft pulley bolt and try to turn the pulley in clock wise direction but first remove the belt. If it doesnt move the engine is seized. If everything is ok so far then make sure you battery has enough charge to start, around 12.6 volts needed to crank. does it crank? if it doesnt, check for ground and power connections, starter, alternator, fuse boxes, also check ecu and bcm (not sure if this will prevent from starting). if it cranks now comes to three things (air, spark, fuel) no fuel, bad or disconnected fuel pump, or disconnected coil packs. you mentioned you had to replace the power steering reservoir with is located in the passenger side of the car, i assume the car was hit there. The ABS module and pump are located nearby, if it is disconnected it might prevent from starting. As i said i am not a mechanic i am just a 17 years old kid.
The power steering pump and reservoir are on the driver’s side on a 2010. It could be the ASD relay.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe remove the bad body parts and look for hidden damage?
Maybe remove the bad body parts and look for hidden damage?
actually the power steering reservoir is on the drivers side but thank you need all the help I can get here are some pics

· Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,736 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts